View Full Version : Taking Grrrrrrrrt and Austin to the Vet

Otto'sMom
12-30-2005, 11:36 AM
No :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: needed, just a bordatella for Austin so he can get his hair cut at the groomers, and Grrrrrrrrrrrrrt is getting her blood drawn so she can get her doxycycline perscription refilled.
Personally, I find it quite humorous that my dachshund is on a drug called doxycycline. It's a cancer drug that thins the blood and she's been on it almost 3 years now. It's still a mystery as to what would cause the high red blood cell count, but she's lasted a lot longer than the first 2 vets I took her to said.

I believe today's vet visit will be cause to stop at Sonic for some Cheese Sticks.

Feel free to send :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to my checking account :rotfl:

Lisa
12-30-2005, 11:38 AM
LOTS of rayz for your checking account! :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

They are costly but worth every penny :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

lotsadox
12-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh, yeah, lots of checking account rayz. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: My vet is kind of expensive, but very good. One day there was a vet receipt laying on the counter in the kitchen and the DH said "I don't suppose I want to know how much it costs a month for this herd?". I just said "No, you don't"! As you can tell I handle all the finances! As Lisa said they're "worth every penny". :hearts:

Nancy
12-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Some :rayz: :rayz: for your checking account comin' at ya!

Courtney
12-30-2005, 12:30 PM
I feel your pain except I need some American Express :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: !! Napoleon was on doxycycline for 8 weeks to knock out his ehrlichia...and yes it is a little funny! At least it is relatively cheap. and yes I've spent thousands on Napoleon and would spend thousands more in a heartbeat for him!!

Patt
12-30-2005, 12:53 PM
and yes I've spent thousands on Napoleon and would spend thousands more in a heartbeat for him!! I did that for Gretel and it was worth every penny. :hearts:

Andrea, sending a few :rayz: :rayz: for Grrrt and your checking account.

Alex's Mom
12-30-2005, 03:39 PM
There's a reason I call Alex the million $$$ doggie! And worth every penny and more! :rayz: :rayz: to your checking account (and mine too, while I'm at it!)

Paula & alex

Otto'sMom
12-30-2005, 06:44 PM
I had a major :dunce: moment. It's not doxycycline, it's hydroxyurea, but it's still funny that my doxie needs hydroxyurea.

We had a little bit of a :eek: moment. The vet opened Grrrrrrt's mouth and discovered a tooth ready to fall out! She said she could just pull it right out and I asked if I could keep it for the doggie tooth fairy. Now she has a little hillbilly gap just like Otto! Can't get her to pose, but I can show you her tooth!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Mvc-tooth003f.jpg