PDA

View Full Version : Phoebe crossed the Bridge toady

AnnMarieK
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
My Phoebe has been sick for about a month she was going on 14 yrs and a bassett mix. I have had her since she was 5 weeks old. We have been to the vet several times in the last month and we were not able to keep her comfortable; last night I knew I wasn't being fair to her anymore... It was time to help her cross the bridge. This morning I helped her across. I knew it would be hard, but I didn't realize how hard. I wanted to pick her up and carry her back home and make her well again...instead I held her petted her and helped her cross to a place where she can run free again without pain. Tonight I sure miss her sweet face and feel so very sad..........my heart is really broken.

lizzieb38
12-01-2006, 10:43 PM
So sorry to hear this. But you know that you did the right thing. It's very hard to make that decision, but I honestly think they understand and appreciate their human for doing it. She still loves you, and will be waiting for the day when you come across the bridge to her.I will be :candle3: in a matter of moments.

areese
12-01-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry you have lost your good and true friend. You know the ultimate expression of love is not letting them suffer, though. I know you will miss her and hope you find some comfort in knowing you did the right thing.
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Tex
12-01-2006, 10:59 PM
So sorry to read this....I know that it was a very hard decision, but you did what was best for your little girl. Sending you lots of :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: and lighting a candle for Phoebe :candle2: .

Otto'sMom
12-01-2006, 11:23 PM
I know what you mean, your heart being broken. You did the best thing you could do for her, even though it hurt so badly to do it. :candle2: When they've been with you that long, loving you every day without a doubt, it's so very hard to let go. She will be with you, always in your heart and thoughts. Look at the pictures you had of her when she was young, and remember who you were then, and how she's grown with you. She will always be a part of who you are.

Fluffy
12-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Oh Anne Marie, I am so sorry to hear this. Knowing you did the best thing for her sure doesn't make it any easier. :candle2: for Phoebe tonight and you are in my thoughts and :pray:

Teddysmom
So very sorry to hear about Phoebe. She had a long life with you and she knows you did the right thing by helping her cross the bridge. I know it's very hard to let go; but when they can't be made comfortable anymore, it's time to help them....just like you did. I will be lighting a :candle: for Phoebe. Remember, she's able to run free without any pain or troubles....she's happy now. :hug99: :hug99: to you.

catstamm
You know the ultimate expression of love is not letting them suffer, though. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:
I couldn't have said it better :hearts: :hearts: Please remember the wonderful 14 yrs you had together :hug99: I am soooo sorry for your loss...thinking of you tonite :hug99:

Frzframe
12-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the very best for her when you brought her into your home at such a young age by giving her the love she needed until it was time for her to leave you. :hug99: :hug99:

lotsadox
12-02-2006, 12:39 AM
You know the ultimate expression of love is not letting them suffer, though.

I totally agree with Amy. You were very brave and unselfish to let her go. You did the best thing for her even though you hurt so much. I know exactly how you feel. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you. Your :angel7: is waiting for you at the Bridge.

Patt
12-02-2006, 03:24 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss... I hope that soon you will find comfort in the amazing memories that you have of your dear Phoebe....
I have lit a :candle3: to honor and celebrate her life. Many hugs :hug99: :hug99:

oceangirls
12-02-2006, 11:01 AM
There is something about the innocence and sweetness of a dog that stays in your mind and makes it even harder than you'd expect to let them go.

I am so sorry, Ann-Marie.
:candle:

laura
12-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear one! Thank you for helping her in her last hours. She will be waiting with all the others!

Mama S.
12-02-2006, 04:14 PM
I am soooo sorry to hear this. I know you loved her fiercely and will miss her more than you will be able to bear for awhile. Remember the love you shared, the good tims you had and know that one day you'll be together again.
Sandi

Alex's Mom
12-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh Ann Marie, I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug99: for the Phoebe-shaped hole in your heart. But hard as it is, you gave her the last, best gift of all, a gentle passing surrounded by love. She'll be waiting for you. Alex and I have :candle2: for Phoebe and you both are in our thoughts.

K2
12-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Try to remember all the good times you had, and know that Phoebe knows that you loved her enough to let her go. :hug99: You are in my thoughs and I'll say a special :pray: for the newest :angel7:

AnnMarieK
12-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Thank you all for your kind words I knew that y'all would understand. Yes it was a very hard thing to do, but I know it was the right thing too. I did sit last night and look at pictures of her as a pup and young dog and I hope that's how she is now running healthy and bossing everyone around !!!!!

Rae
12-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Dog Bless You, Ann-Marie, for being so kind to Phoebe in her last hours. You loved her with your whole heart (amazing how the love multiplies instead of divides when you have more than one furkid) and she knew. I know it had to be hard but I can tell you have the peace that comes from knowing you did the right thing for your beloved.

Run free and happy, Phoebe!
:hearts: