PDA

View Full Version : Tasha's birthday meal for Sunday - raw chicken leg?

Jen
12-08-2006, 02:39 PM
So, Miss Tasha turns 5 on Sunday!! :banana: :banana:

I actually had DH convinced to give her a cornish game hen, but then we saw how huge they are. What do our raw feeders think of a chicken drumstick (raw of course) for her birthday supper? She eats a raw medallion once a day so I don't think it will be too much of a shock to her system.

Courtney
12-08-2006, 02:42 PM
I forget - is she eating kibble as well? Regardless, I would think it would be A-OK for her to have a drumstick. May want to remove the skin - as you know I convert many dogs to raw feeding and run into fewer issues if they start a couple weeks without skin. And hey - why not the hen?? They are big (not as big as a turkey), but it'd be a nice treat!! :D You could just fast her the next day. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TASHA!!!

Michelle
12-08-2006, 04:54 PM
I think the chicken leg would be great!, I think you can try the cornish hen though, I would just remove the skin and let her eat as much as she wants, then like Courtney said, fast her for the next day..

Jen
12-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Yes, she's on Evo at breakfast and raw medallions at supper. Cornish is HUGE! I think we'll try the leg--and still may need to fast her!

Chris
12-08-2006, 10:34 PM
I have a question: if we were always told dogs and cats can choke on chicken/poultry bones how does this work for raw feeding? Is it a myth or do you take away certain parts of the chicken before presenting it to them?

Mama S.
12-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Cooked chicken bones splinter - raw bones do not. Or at least mine never do. My guys thoroughly LOVE crunching down on a chicken/pork/beef bone!!
Mama

catstamm
12-09-2006, 02:53 AM
I think Evo and mediallions sound great ....why change a good thing :confused: Give her lots of extra kisses instead JMAO
Are you talking chicken from the doggie food store, where you get the medallons? Or chicken from the market.....that isn't fresh?....that's why we cook it!!! Yuck!!:shocked:

Jen
12-09-2006, 11:23 AM
This is a one time treat, a birthday supper (she's doing very well on Evo and medallions, not gonna change that). We have an excellent butcher in my neighborhood, its very fresh. I'd never feed her grocery store raw meat from NY, but I often give her chicken/beef from the butcher when I'm cutting it up for a meal.

And yes, I must remember to charge up the video camera tonight!!