PDA

View Full Version : Ginger vs. The Wild Boar

mcvwdox
12-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I never told the DLC this story, so here we go. I randomly got an email one day (about a year ago) from a student I know (who has a doxie of her own) and she says "hey check this link, this dog looks like Ginger." So I check the website, which is called http://www.edachshund.com. And sure enough, I find Ginger on the site. Please check this site when you get a chance!

So the home page talks about dachshunds being bred to hunt wild boars and badgers, and comments on how funny it would be to really see dachshunds hunting wild boar, and links to a photo. WHICH IS OF MY GINGER, IN HER HOT DOG COSTUME, BEING EATEN BY A WILD BOAR. How bizarro is that?

The webmaster must have pulled Ginger's photo off a website or some place I posted her picture, and actually took the time to edit out the background of the picture, AND place her in the wild boar's mouth!

I thought it was pretty hysterical, especially since I didn't instigate it, AND of all people a student found it and on a hunch thought it was Ginger! My mom was not thrilled about her granddog being insulted and manipulated on a website. :rotfl:

Here's the picture!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/mcvwdox/wildboar.gif

mydachsies
12-12-2006, 09:31 PM
:rotfl: That is so funny!:rotfl: :rotfl:

catstamm
12-12-2006, 09:31 PM
That is pretty funny....email the webmaster and tell the you want royalties!!!:rotfl:

Patt
12-12-2006, 09:50 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Is it legal to takes pics off sites and do this without the guardian's permission?

areese
12-12-2006, 10:36 PM
That is so funny!!!!!!!!!!

Alex's Mom
12-13-2006, 07:39 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Is it legal to takes pics off sites and do this without the guardian's permission?
Sadly, yes...unless they have to hack into the website, it's considered to be in the public domain and therefore up for grabs! That's one of the big problems with the internet...who the heck owns what, and how exactly do you prove it?

Poor chomped Ginger! :rotfl:

Tex
12-13-2006, 08:13 AM
That is pretty funny....email the webmaster and tell the you want royalties!!!:rotfl:
Big :ditto:

Lisa
12-13-2006, 08:21 AM
That is really cute! What a find!!

Lee Anne
12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm craving hot dogs all of a sudden...

Mama S.
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
me thinks the hawg is dreamin and the truth would be da udder way around!!!! Our weenie girl gettin him!!!
Mama

Goob
12-17-2006, 03:54 AM
HAHAAH!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

lotsadox
12-17-2006, 01:14 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: How funny!