PDA

View Full Version : Playing Favorites

Otto'sMom
12-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I'll admit, with multiple hounds, I have favorites on a moment by moment basis. If someone is alone with me and I have something I'm not going to share with the herd, I'll give up a last bite to the little persistent one cause I'm a sucker.

Now, you'd think that with my herd being as smart as they are, they'd pick up on that:

Step 1. Single out Mom when she has food.
Step 2. Look pathetic and cute at the same time.
Step 3. Profit.

But that's not what happens. The singled out lucky dog proceeds to make such noise about getting a forbidden treat, (how did Grrrrrrrrt make scrambled eggs loud?) that 6 out of 7 heads are thrust into the bowl to finish off what I'd begun to share. (Pearl hasn't caught on to the whole 'person shares food' thing yet.) I swear, all the dogs were sleeping on me while I had my mid morning rainy day vacation from work brunch of scrambled eggs and Grrrrrrt just ambled by, long nails a clackety clacking along the floor and she looked soooo cute and pathetic I had to share, risking a loss of my mortal soul if I let her go by unfed. I very carefully speared a bit of egg, and virtually motionlessly put the fork to her level for her to enjoy my cooking. All dogs still sleeping.
I might as well rung a dinner bell! ALL DOGS RED ALERT
I had a bowl full of dog heads and no more eggs.
:rolleyes:
Now, had Grrrrt been more stealthy, she would've benefited from more eggs.
I can't give a treat to just one dog. I've tried silently removing the lid to the treat jar to dispense a solitary milkbone to an awaiting hound only to have 6 more instantly materialize out of furry air. I don't dare even think the word "treat" or "share" without a head popping up from a deep snorey slumber.

With the cats, I've never been ambushed when it comes time to be generous. I'm pretty sure they have the ability to send out anti cat thought rayz to the others telling them that I'm giving out medicine, not chicken bits.

As it stands, I will have to try for stealthier ways of playing favorites.

catstamm
12-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Andrea.....once again, entertaining :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tex
12-21-2006, 07:58 PM
You're crackin' me up here Andrea......I'm thinkin' you may have invented a new diet, between losing food to counter-surfing, and now unintentional "sharing food"......:duh:

Rileybugg
12-21-2006, 10:36 PM
You should be writing a column (or blog, or something). Veerrrrrryyy funny! :lol: And so familiar (also having a "herd of 7").:xsheep: :rudolph: :Mryxmas:

Michelle
12-22-2006, 01:31 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You really should start your own blog!!!

Otto'sMom
12-22-2006, 02:08 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You really should start your own blog!!!
Don't know the first thing about starting one~I'll just torture you folks with my witticisms and occasional musings.

quavec
12-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Cricket can tell when I am getting up to check on the kids or getting up to open the fridge - prior to opening the fridge. And I think he knows the difference in sound when we open a package of velveeta cheese and a package of pepper jack cheese. The wrappings must have a slightly different pitch.:scratch: If it's velveeta - he becomes as swift and silent as a Navy Seal. If it's pepperjack, only his nose peeks out of the blanket for a slight sniff.