PDA

View Full Version : Max is officially my little piggy

blueyezz74
01-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Yesterday, I went to the Eagles - Falcons game with my brother in law since DH had to work and couldn't call out. I left Harley and Max with grandma while we were gone.

When I back to her house, I picked up Max. His belly was huge and bloated. Grandma informed me that Max ate all the dog food in the bowl for her Poms. :conf2: He looked like a pregnant dog about ready to burst and not my skinny little guy. When I got home I weighed him but he was a few ounces off his normal weight of 10.4 lbs. Since yesterday he's pooped 8 times!! :huh: This morning I gave him a little breakfast but he wasn't gorging like he normally does. I guess he was still full from yesterday. :rofl: His body shape is now back to normal. I thought I was going to have another chubby dog.

DH made sure today that his mom knows that she MUST pick up the food even before we come over.

I would have guessed this behavior from Harley, my food hound, but not Max. I guess they both love food a little too much. :happy4:

Anatresia
01-01-2007, 09:28 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Poor little piggy! My two would gorge themselves until they were sick if ever provided the opportunity! Sounds like Max got to achieve their dream!

Tex
01-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Oh poor Max!!! I hope his tummy is feeling better today!

Otto'sMom
01-01-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry, but that is so funny! People with 'normal' non remorseless eating machine dogs just don't get what efforts we go through to make sure our dogs don't inhale all within their paths. :lol:

Jacqueline
01-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Yep, I can see that coming in July when we go to St. Louis. My dil's dogs have food down all the time because Fred is a picker. I told her that this will be a problem with my two, who will devour every last bite and keel over dead.

Fred is going to have to eat more at one time, or eat outside, because his food is coming up off the floors for their visit.

I don't know why all our dogs aren't named Hoover, Eukeka, etc.

Maybe if 'Mom' got to clean up those piles....she would remember next time, lol.

Jen
01-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Ooooh Max, what a little piggy. But with doxies, if its on the ground, its fair game. We see Tasha try everything she finds on the floor--even eats lint from time to time. :sosad:

Hope Max is back to normal today!

lotsadox
01-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Poor Max! I swear mine would eat until they popped if I let them. :shocked: Especially Cash and Bogart. Those two will eat anything, anywhere, anytime. :rolleyes:

Lisa
01-02-2007, 10:15 AM
I think instead of a little piggy, Max is officially a true dachshund! Sounds just like my too :D

catstamm
01-02-2007, 01:30 PM
That's a dachshund for ya :rotfl: :rotfl:

mcvwdox
01-05-2007, 11:14 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: that's too funny! these darn doxies eat like it's going out of style!!! glad he's getting back to normal.