PDA

View Full Version : What's the weirdest food that your doxie likes?

Jen
11-30-2005, 05:58 PM
If we're eating it, Tasha will of course, try it. The thing she LOVES that I was totally surprised by, is artichokes. I love fresh, boiled artichokes and make them as often as I can. Tasha goes nuts for a piece of the heart at the end.

Hey, its a vegetable, why not?

Lisa
11-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Bananas and popcorn (not at the same time)! Pogo goes mental for either. Both him and Pixel adore Pizza crust too, but that is a super rare treat!

HotDogMama
11-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Molly loves cabbage! The stinkier the better....... we grill it a lot and she knows when its cooking, she goes cuckoo for cabbage :rofl:

JanUet
11-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Sophie and Casey only eat food that is good for them! I could NEVER give them anything else but!

Look at the Proof! And only in SMALL portions!

Rice, Peas and Real Pumpkin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/tiggermiss/chowtime.jpg

Turkey Dinnerhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/tiggermiss/turkey.jpg

Milkshake
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/tiggermiss/gulpgulp.jpg

Candy Apple
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/tiggermiss/justonegoodbite.jpg

Peach Juice
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/tiggermiss/drink1.jpg

Jello!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/tiggermiss/jello.jpg

And what dessert wouldn't be complete without........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/tiggermiss/whippedcream.jpg

HotDogMama
11-30-2005, 07:16 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Janet!!!!! Those pics are hilarious!!!! I love the whip cream one!!

oceangirls
11-30-2005, 07:47 PM
anticlimactic. :D

Both dogs find it SO exciting when I am measuring out pasta and drop an uncooked noodle on the floor :conf4:. And Cassie especially likes paper towels, magazine subscription cards, and the fluff out of stuffed toys.

JanUet
11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Darn it, anything I say after Janet posts just seems so...

:rotfl: :nana: :nana1:

And I edited it on my post for you too!

Fluffy
11-30-2005, 08:45 PM

Both dogs find it SO exciting when I am measuring out pasta and drop an uncooked noodle on the floor :conf4:.

Buddy and Heidi do this too. Buddy's most FAVORITE thing is tuna. As soon as he sees the can (he's a smart guy, and can tell the difference in sizes of the cans) he starts going NUTS!! He will just :boogie: and :boogie: until some happens to fall on the floor for him. Heidi doesn't eat too much weird stuff...they actually both eat just about anything. Heidi will not touch lettuce tho...Buddy SNARFS everything that comes his way. He's one of those "starving dogs" :rofl: You'd think I never feed him!!!

Goob
11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Snooter is not motivated by food. At all. The ONLY time she wants a treat is if it has cheese on it. Other than that she sniffs and walks away.

The Professor is another story. :shocked: This dog hears the Lazy Susan cabinet open even a centimeter, he's full out running to the kitchen. We have to tape it shut when we leave for work or he will climb into the cabinet and EAT! :wormie: We learned about his obsession with getting into the cabinet when, as a puppy, he climbed in while we were at work and had a field day. :shocked: I came home to find two puppies, my entire kitchen floor and walls COATED in a layer of red goo (consisting of water from their bowl, at least 10 taco seasoning packets and about 6 cherry koolaid packages they had opened and spread all over)! Where was Buster? :sleep1: inside the cabinet - curled up around a jar of spaghetti sauce. :rofl: Mutter learned an important lesson about her boy.... nothing is too heavy to move to get to FOOD!

oceangirls
11-30-2005, 08:51 PM
I came home to find two puppies, my entire kitchen floor and walls COATED in a layer of red goo (consisting of water from their bowl, at least 10 taco seasoning packets and about 6 cherry koolaid packages they had opened and spread all over)!

:holyshp: ... speechless... :faint:

Fluffy
11-30-2005, 08:56 PM
I came home to find two puppies, my entire kitchen floor and walls COATED in a layer of red goo (consisting of water from their bowl, at least 10 taco seasoning packets and about 6 cherry koolaid packages they had opened and spread all over)! Where was Buster? :sleep1: inside the cabinet - curled up around a jar of spaghetti sauce. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Where are the pictures of that!? That would have left me a bit :confused:...do I laugh til I cry or do I cry til I laugh!?

lotsadox
11-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Cash and Bogart are major chow hounds and consequently always on a diet. They will growl at each other over my leftover salad. We're talking a bowl of lettuce with a couple of tomatoes (I eat all the good stuff and get bored with the rest)! It's almost embarassing that carnivores should get so excited over lettuce! :ashamed:

oceangirls
11-30-2005, 11:42 PM
any salad vegetable I have ever dropped on the floor was eaten immediately, without complaint... lettuce, spinach, cabbage. Weird dogs.

Tanya
11-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, we all know Peaches' beverage of choice...Corona! :rolleyes:

As far as food, they will both eat ANY human food they are offered! :boogie:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Anything that is human food--which they don't get a lot of. They love spinach from my salad when I make it.

Patt
12-01-2005, 03:02 AM
OMG, those are some funny pics and stories. :rofl: I guess we are pretty boring around here.

oceangirls
12-01-2005, 10:36 AM
that when the girls were puppies, they got a miniature bottle of Tabasco sauce out of the cabinet, got the lid off somehow, and were licking the bottle when I found them.:bounce7: :bounce3: :bounce7: :bounce3:

Jen
12-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Tabasco? :faint:

Janet, is there anything Casey and Sophie haven't tried?

Tasha does not consider lettuce food. She'll run over for it, sniff, then walk away.

She used to love baby carrots, which I eat with salad dressing as dip. Till one day she didn't want it and I put a tiny bit of buttermilk dressing on the carrot. Now she won't eat them without dip. :rolleye:

Fluffy
12-01-2005, 12:10 PM
I just thought of another one...I am not known for being the neatest chef in the world...with out fail just about everything I cook with ends up on the floor...crumbs, noodles, tuna, butter...the day I dropped the butter it plopped right on Buddy's nose...couldn't have done that one agian if I tried...and he had a ball getting it off. Now when the tub of butter comes out, he comes running...of course he doesn't get but he just sits there licking his lips.

squirrel818
12-01-2005, 02:26 PM
The only thing I've found that my dogs won't eat is asparagus. I had cream of asparagus soup and offered them some. They licked all the soup off and left the veggies.

Onyx
12-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I couldn't believe that Iceman would eat brussel sprouts! I figured that there's no way he'd like them, so I gave him one and he gulped it down and clearly wanted more.

I really don't think there's any food that he won't eat.

Helen
12-07-2005, 09:56 PM
I think the weirdest thing Charlie's ever eaten (because I'm constantly dropping stuff on the floor) is a banana pepper and a jalapeno. Both times I definitely expected him to have a funny reaction, maybe give me a look like, What was that? But no, he just looked at me like, Are you going to drop another one or what? :D

Loren
12-08-2005, 10:40 AM
because Chief will eat ANYTHING...and I do mean ANYTHING, food or otherwise will go in his mouth. He's such a devious one. Have to watch him every second or else he is into something. This past week it was chapstick. Guess he had dry lips!:rofl:

Jen
12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Onyx: Tasha loves brussel sprouts too! Anything in the cabbage family.

Loren: Tasha loves to give me kisses after I put on chapstick. I use one with olive oil in it...maybe that's why. But I have to be careful not to leave it where she can get into it.

Oh, and NYC dogs sure do seem to eat ANYTHING they find on the ground on walkies. I'm often not sure what it is.....:scratch:

Rae
12-08-2005, 02:57 PM
ummmm.. chex mix and beer?
Jalapenos?
Coffee?

I think Duchie likes the coffee because it is partly mommy time. we curl up in the recliner and drink coffee and watch the morning news under a blankie after morning potties... I think it might be more of a mommy thing than a coffee thing?

She likes it best with gingerbread creamer in it and whipped cream on top.

BUT Duchie is a chow hound and won't turn up her nose at anything. Likes raw potatoes, kidney beans, taco meat, tortillia chips, prefers her fries WITH ketchup thankyouvery much...

Have not found much of anything she won't at least try.

K2
12-08-2005, 03:04 PM
Pippit will eat anything!! I think the strangest things he eats are Cool Whip(he even figured out how to open the container) and butter(he jumped up on my mom's kitchen table to get to it.

lotsadox
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Loren: Tasha loves to give me kisses after I put on chapstick. I use one with olive oil in it...maybe that's why. But I have to be careful not to leave it where she can get into it.

Miller loves chapstick, too. Especially the vanilla flavored kind that his dad gets. One night the DH left Miller in the truck for a minute when he went to buy a lottery ticket and guess who at a whole tube of vanilla chapstick? :lol:

Jen
12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
A whole tube? :scared1: Did Miller have any "after effects" from that?

blueyezz74
12-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Whipped cream and peppers. Not together of course. Or maybe he would eat them together.

Loren
12-08-2005, 05:32 PM
lettuce, asparagus etc. are all GOOD for dogs to eat. Veggies are good...in moderation of course.

Jen
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Just like for people eh? We all need more veggies....

Linus
12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Bailey is picky, picky, picky... he acutally doesn't like much whole human food..but he'll lick the plate till he can see himself in it. Weirdo.

Kerie
12-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Do you all know what Gefilte fish is?

While I was on my honeymoon, my parents fed Oscar Gefilte fish jelly (you buy Gefilte fish in a jar and it is covered in a clear jelly like substance. It is edible and tastes fishy. I think the jelly forms from the preparation of the fish.)

I can't be surprised that he would like it, but how did my parents think of that????????

Oscar LOVED it, apparently.

Loren
12-09-2005, 07:55 AM
HA! That's funny. Fish is actually GOOD for dogs, so no worries!

Mikey
12-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Well, we don't let Max or Mini eat people food (don't want begging or extra weight). And I don't think it's technically "food" even though it use to be..... Mini's favourite "food" is from Max...her personal vending machine. She'll run over all happy when he starts vending. It's like she's got a pile of coins in her pocket all set to empty the machine. If it's not fresh, she's not as interested. I have to let her out first then Max otherwise he gets all uncomfortable whe he has to poo. He looks at her, then me, then her...then looks like he resigns to the fact and starts to arch his back. Her ears purk up and her tail starts going so she has a hard time running straight. She launches herself toward his back end. He has a look of terror on his face. She fires over to the snack dispenser......

Anyhow, you get the picture.

Jacqueline
12-09-2005, 01:36 PM
I can't keep Taffy from eating bird food. Of course, after seeing all the things the rest of the pups are eating, maybe I am worrying about it too much? It would help if my quaker was not such a picky eater, and would stop throwing everything out of her cage that she doesn't want. Forget that I am constantly sweeping.....let anything hit the floor, and Taffy has it in her mouth. Hard corn kernals? Can that be good?? :scratch:

I watch her when she goes potty (boy-do I need a life) and never see anything that worries me....but still. I keep trying to tell her she isn't a bird dog.

I have 5 birds, and this seems to be a never ending battle. Anyone else have seed eating dogs?

jenfer
12-10-2005, 02:59 AM
Gigi eat anything I eat. So far the only thing I noticed she didn't like is canned mushroom. Oh, she also likes tissue, or unknown "things" she can find on the ground.:rolleyes:

Otto'sMom
12-10-2005, 09:52 AM
My crew is part of that "eat it before it hits the ground" bunch. They don't care for pretzles too much though, or lettuce.
Otto, Buddy, Dolly and Grrt have a taste for kitty litter and the presents found in it.:mad:
Austin hasn't developed that taste yet, thank heavens. At least the original 4 have the manners to wait till I've finished something before they dive in. Austin will just come on up and stick his head in whatever bag I'm eating from, take what he wants and trot off.

Otto once stole an entire pizza slice, a huge cinnamon roll, and 3 mini cream puffs right from my hand. He's very stealthy.

Buddy steals pizza crusts off my ex-boyfriend's counter (he doesn't have to steal them at my house)

Dolly has very good manners and never tries to steal food. But she bit Otto's ear over a pizza when she was on my lap. No more of that! I'm easliy trained.

Grrrt can only steal something if I let her. It boosts her self confidence to think she's getting away with something.

If I approach the cupboard in the kitchen with the treats in it, it means it's treat time, no matter what! That's my fault anyway. That's where they get their doggie communion of pepperoni slices off frozen pizzas.

Lisa
12-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Anyone else have seed eating dogs?
No worries, we have to lovebirds, and the dogs are always eating up the seeds that fall to the ground, they really like the sunflower ones, they give themselves away though, because they come back with feathers on their noses!

Fluffy
12-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, we don't let Max or Mini eat people food (don't want begging or extra weight). And I don't think it's technically "food" even though it use to be..... Mini's favourite "food" is from Max...her personal vending machine. She'll run over all happy when he starts vending. It's like she's got a pile of coins in her pocket all set to empty the machine. If it's not fresh, she's not as interested. I have to let her out first then Max otherwise he gets all uncomfortable whe he has to poo. He looks at her, then me, then her...then looks like he resigns to the fact and starts to arch his back. Her ears purk up and her tail starts going so she has a hard time running straight. She launches herself toward his back end. He has a look of terror on his face. She fires over to the snack dispenser......

Anyhow, you get the picture.

While quite graphic, I can relate...Though Buddy at least waits til she's done vending!! I can't take them out at the same time anymore b/c it just drives me nuts not to mention makes me want to :vomit:

Auggie's Mom
01-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Auggie will eat just about anything. Except for, of course, many kinds of dog food and dog biscuits. :scratch: He' super finicky when it comes to dog food, but when it comes to people food, anything will do.

Jen (Tasha's Mom) can attest to the difficulty of walking a dog in New York City. There always seems to be something on the ground that our pups want. The day after New Year's Eve was THE WORST. I live just outside of Times Square. Despite my vigilance, Auggie got down a wet napkin (gross!), a chicken bone, and another item that was no longer identifiable. Woke up at 2AM to the sound of him barfing. Charming. :rolleyes:

He also loves uncooked pasta, paper towels, napkins, and cardboard. Maybe he needs more fiber in his diet?