PDA

View Full Version : and yet more agility brags....

areese
01-08-2007, 10:06 AM
We had another CPE agility trial this past weekend. We were planning on only going Saturday but a good friend had the opportunity to get her C-ATCH (CPE Agility Trial Champion) Sunday so we stayed over and entered Sunday too. PLUS Miss Laika got both her standard runs Saturday (a miracle) and so WE actually had the chance for our C-ATCH Sunday too!!!!! Well.... Hottie and Nancy got theirs and we got one more Standard run but the second one I forgot the course!!! I never do that....I was SO nervous and excited that I lost my mind. :rotfl: and got 5 more faults for saying "****!" on the course :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: when I realized I was totally lost. Pretty funny.
Laika and Owen were just great though. Owen got the most amazing jackpot run Saturday....it has a "gamble" which means that after the dog runs and does obstacles to get a required number of points, a whistle blows and then they have to complete a sequence of obstacles with the handler staying behind a taped line-so the dog is working at a distance from you. Owen's not really good at that but for some reason he did it. And it was REALLY hard...dogs went into a tunnel that was under the a-frame...had to come out, turn back and do the a-frame, then go to a jump and then the table and by that point be about 12-15 feet from the handler. I couldn't believe he did it!!!!
Everybody screamed so loud it freaked him out (table was right at the edge of the ring so very near the spectators) and then was too afraid to run his next two runs...waiting for the screams again :rotfl: Poor lil boy. He recovered Sunday and did very well-only entered him in a couple of easier runs to get his confidence back.
I'll take some pictures of their ribbons today and post them. I DID take my camera to the trial but really didn't get pics of my dogs. Owen got quite a few taken of him as he was doing his cute sitting up thing a lot...he sits up so long it makes people take pictures of him I guess. He enjoys the attention...
And Laika needs ONE MORE RUN and she will be C-ATCH Laika Rocket.

Linus
01-08-2007, 10:26 AM
:congrats: Your two are tearing up the field!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Do you have a whole wall dedicated to the ribbons yet? A friend of mine does trials just about as often as you do and couldn't find a spot to hang them all so she just started taping them to an entire wall! :lol: Expensive wallpaper!

areese
01-08-2007, 11:53 AM
:congrats: Your two are tearing up the field!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Do you have a whole wall dedicated to the ribbons yet? A friend of mine does trials just about as often as you do and couldn't find a spot to hang them all so she just started taping them to an entire wall! :lol: Expensive wallpaper!
Expensive for sure at 10-15 dollars a run!!! I have mine in bins... There are SO many cuz my dogs most often get a placement as well as the qualifier. NOt cuz they are so wonderful (although they are) but there are not as many small dogs as say...the ones that jump 20 inches. Laika has a big bin full and Owen is catching up! I don't know what I will do with them...sometimes I think that when they get their C-Atch's I should pull them all out and take a picture of them with them. But it would be a WALL of ribbons...
I heard someone made a quilt out of them... that would be cool.

jenfer
01-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Congrats! :D

We had a great agility class on Saturday as well. The course is windy/twisty, but it was fun and Miss Gigi did perfect. It was great. :D We love agility.

Tex
01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
:way2go: Owen and Laika!!!!! I just love hearing your agility stories Amy!

catstamm
01-08-2007, 02:28 PM
That is SOOOOO Awesome......make sure when you are all famous, you don't forget the little folk :rotfl: :rotfl:
Good Job!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Rae
01-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I think you agility folks are too cool. Duchie is only agile when there is food involved and she is running to get it. (no ribbons are involved...)

:perfect10 :way2go: to ALL our flying sausages!

Teddysmom
01-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Duchie is only agile when there is food involved and she is running to get it. (no ribbons are involved...)

Sounds just like Teddy!:rotfl: :rotfl: seriously though, he's pretty agile, but there's no place around DE. to do agility - at least not that i've heard of.

Congrats to your wonderful weens Amy! I'm so jealous:rolleyes: :blush: ; I wish I could do more things like that with my Teddy. I :hearts: love :hearts: hearing about your dog's in their agility trials...sounds wonderful. Congrats again.

lizzieb38
01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
:cheer: :woohoo: :congrats: :sausage: :FlipB: :banana20: :bow1: :thumbsup:

That just about says how I feel, that my lil niece and nephew are doing so well at their agility trials!!!!

Anatresia
01-08-2007, 04:14 PM
I think it's great that your dogs are doing so well!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I watched the dog agilty competitions yesterday when I was sick on the couch. It was very entertaining. No dachshunds, though.:rolleyes:

Lee Anne
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
You are such a good mama, getting your kids out there and keeping their minds active and their bodies healthy! Congratulations on the great weekend!!

lotsadox
01-08-2007, 06:54 PM
:congrats: and I'll be :pray: :pray: :pray: for the Laika Rocket to get her C-ATCH! :1jump:

oceangirls
01-08-2007, 07:12 PM
WOW, Amy!! Your pups are amazing! And you deserve lots of credit too for always being so sensitive to their needs (like entering Owen in easier runs until he is comfortable again). Great job, team!! :)

areese
01-08-2007, 10:11 PM
WOW, Amy!! Your pups are amazing! And you deserve lots of credit too for always being so sensitive to their needs (like entering Owen in easier runs until he is comfortable again). Great job, team!! :)

Thank you! I felt SO bad that he was scared. So on the start line the next day I actually sat on the ground and sang him his Owen song while the dog before him was running LOL. At least the place is pretty much full of crazy dog people so nobody thought that was the least unusual :rotfl:
(it's not a great song...it's just the Owen Weenie song..sung to the tune of yankee doodle went to town. Owen weenie owen weenie owen weenie weeeeenieeee Owen weenie Owen weenie Owen weenie PEEEENIEEEE) And talked to him about all the treats he was gonna get after he ran. He ran like the wind, BTW :)

Otto'sMom
01-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Best. Song. EVAR.

Tanya
01-08-2007, 10:33 PM
:congrats: That is so awesome! I really want to see your pups run some day! :appl: :banana: :appl:

Peaches is moving to a more advanced class on Wednesday. I hear there will be other doxies in there, so we are excited! :cheer2:

Jen
01-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Hmmm, weenie peenie? :shocked: I know, me and my dirty mind.

Congrats to you, Owen and Laika! Laika is always amazing and Owen has come so far. Tasha says she totally understands about the scary clapping.

Patt
01-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Lots of :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: for Owen & Laika. Some day you'll have to take pics of all their ribbons and tropies.