PDA

View Full Version : I was conned by the best

Jacqueline
01-11-2007, 02:56 AM
My dh had retired from the library this year, but now is volunteering on Wednesday mornings. He leaves early in the morning. I am so not a morning person. The girls eat their breakfast at 9 a.m., and he is gone by then.

So......he took them out to go potty, and because he wanted me to be able to sleep, put them in their crates. Of course, this was not acceptable to them, come 9 a.m., when they thought they could get breakfast,.....so Daisy started her talking. I opened one eye and told them both "later". Not one to ever be put off for long, I was remind with the regularity of a snooze alarm that they thought I should get up.

Feeling like a terrible mommy for letting the children to starve to death, I got up to feed them. I opened the doors to the crates and they ran to the kitchen like their hollow little tummies were screaming for relief. They bounced up and down two feet from the floor while I measured out kibble. Old Hoover and Eukeka snarfed it up in two seconds.

Wanting to make up for such awful neglect, I decided to make them the scrambled eggs they misses out on the other night. They were so excited they could barely resist throwing me to the ground and climbing over me to the stove top to get them. THey also snarfed them up in a matter of seconds. Looking happy, they went back to their crates and laid down with a smile on their little doxy faces.

Dh comes home. HE FED THEM BEFORE HE LEFT. I WAS CONNED. The little devils got three breakfasts out of me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: .....and lied about it.
Did they look the least guilty? NOOOOOOOOOO.

Did they want their dinner on time? You had better believe it.

From now on, if Dh doesn't feed them before he leaves on Weds, he will leave a note....but no more double dipping for them.

Tex
01-11-2007, 08:07 AM
I would have to say they did a good job of pulling one over on mom!!!!:rotfl:
Glad your DH will leave a note in the future :).

HotDogMama
01-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Sly little sneakies.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Michelle
01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

AgileOllie
01-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Sounds like you have a couple of dachshunds LOL. My guys are the SAME way. I brought home dog food last night but Miguel had already fed everyone. Once they saw that bag, though, they thought it was feeding time again. It didn't even matter that food was still in their bowls.. LOL

They know "fresh" when they see it LOL

Bella's Mom
01-11-2007, 03:30 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Too funny! They always have that "starved" look even when you've fed them second ago!

Mama S.
01-11-2007, 08:19 PM
but but but Mooooommmmmmm:rotfl: My idiots would do the samein a minute! Good thing PJ isn't crazy about handling RAW!!
Mama

oceangirls
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
well, you made two little girls very happy today!! :liplick::liplick:

Teddysmom
01-12-2007, 06:58 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Isn't it funny how they ALWAYS act like they are just starving to death?! Teddy's the same way, he will eat his breakfast in the morning, but when the kids are at the table eating theirs, he's begging like he hasn't been fed in a week!
Sly little devils you got there!