PDA

View Full Version : Rays for Molly... :(

HotDogMama
01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Just now getting to get on here and let you all know what happened and to ask for many rays for my precious..... Yesterday my DH (bless his heart, he feels awful) dropped a can (a gallon) of green beans on Molly's foot... it just nipped the edge where the pad and hair start well she and he both screamed and I thought it chopped her toenail off but it only cut it.... nevermind this is all during a tornado warning and when I called the vet they said "well there is a tornado warning can you call back in a few minutes??" This of course sent me into a fit :mad2: so since I said I thought it was a toenail they said put some septic powder on it and call back. So I put septic on it and went up there..... (the tornado had passed by now, I don't know why they said that we were under a watch) Anyway... I finally get up there and wait, and wait, and wait and he finally sees her and says that she will have to have stitches and someone will come talk to me about how much it will cost. Well someone comes to talk to me and says she has to stay overnight..... well that sends me straight into :sad3: . So there I sit with my dog's foot split open and covered in blood and tears! What a sight. I finally calmed down enough to give them a deposit and get the heck outta there. Made it through the night and picked up her at 10:30am she was so happy to see us!! He said that if I hadn't have put that septic powder on her he wouldn't have to put her out, but he had to clean all the septic powder out of the cut. So all is well, and she is home, have to go back Friday to check on it and change the bandage. Sorry this is so long, but wanted to let everybody know what was up since I wasn't on much today or yesterday and I know you guys care so much :hearts: So, if you made it through this whole post here are some pics of my brave :angel7: and her new fashion accessory!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/JHerron1278/MOLLY242.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/c4/JHerron1278/?)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4/JHerron1278/MOLLY244.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/c4/JHerron1278/?)

Courtney
01-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Poor sweet little baby!!!!! I am glad she is going to be OK. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for her. I love the pink bandage!

lotsadox
01-03-2006, 03:00 PM
It doesn't look like Molly is too thrilled with her "new fashion accessory" :D I've been in tears so many times in my vets office (I've been going to her for 17 years) that the last time she had to give me bad news she just walked over and plucked a kleenex out of the box and handed it to me. :ashamed:

Sending Molly tons of rayz. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Yolanda
01-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Poor Molly ope you start hopping a long soon. Lots of healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

BTW, I hope you told the vet the reason you put the septic power on was on there instructions.

HotDogMama
01-03-2006, 03:13 PM
I've been in tears so many times in my vets office

When I burst into tears yesterday the tech hugged me and said she fell down her stairs the other day and broke her dog's leg :shocked: !

HotDogMama
01-03-2006, 03:15 PM
BTW, I hope you told the vet the reason you put the septic power on was on there instructions.

Yes, I told him that I put it on there because I thought it was a her nail because when he looked at it he asked. I think he understood that there was a mis-communication. There was so much blood and I was panicked it looked like her nail was gone.

Lisa
01-03-2006, 03:22 PM
OMG Jennifer!

:bighug: to you and Molly.

Molly doesn't look thrilled, but I am happy you went straight to the vet! Glad she is :home: and getting lots of loving! Poor baby girl. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

LUVMYGUNNER
01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
here are rays:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for Molly.

Nancy
01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Please give Molly a big hug and kiss from my Molly!!

Lot's of :rayz: for a quick recovery!

Fluffy
01-03-2006, 04:08 PM
OMG!! Poor Molly!! I'm so glad she's gonna be ok! :bighug: to both of you! :rayz: for Molly for a speedy recovery and :rayz: for the DH! What an awful feeling!!! The day after we got Ben, I was holding him and he flipped outta my arms...awful yelping and (we thought) broken leg...turned out he was quite the hypocondract but I can totally relate! I totally thought I broke my dog! Keep us posted on her recovery! She looks TOTALLY thrilled by her new fashion accessory! Poor baby!!!!

Otto'sMom
01-03-2006, 04:15 PM
CRIPES! :bighug: to the whole family there. Why oh why do our emergencies never happen during normal times? Nooo, it's not bad enough to have a freak accident, you get to have it under the threat of tornado!
Glad everything turned out OK thus far. Lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for a speedy recovery.

JanUet
01-04-2006, 08:06 AM
OMG! What a terrible experience for Molly and your DH.
I'm sure DH Feels just horrible about the accident. Please give him a :hug99: from us.

I'm glad that Molly is doing well. I love her fashion accessory, although I don't think she is too thrilled with it.
Sending Molly Mega :rayz: :rayz: and you Jen a :bighug: for taking her in so quickly.

Rae
01-04-2006, 09:53 AM
good grief charlie brown! So sorry to hear you have had trauma. Pretty in pink, but not too happy about it!

Big hugs to all, and tell DH to stop blaming himself. Not like he did it on purpose, and I am sure The LQQK has been sufficient "punishment".. that look of reproach is killer.

Hang in there and of course you did the right thing all way around, twister or not!

isobelsmom
01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Sorry to see that VERY unhappy dachsie face as you look at your "pretty-in-pink" new fashun accessory. And with a tornado looming....Sheesh, we none of us can have an emergency during normal hours or normal ways....guess that's what makes them emergencies.

Poor DH....give him and yourself a big, big :bighug: and let Miss Molly know that will come off soon. I'm glad it wasn't worse! She does look pretty in :pinky: but I hope it comes off soon. Any idea how long they want it on?

Mama S.
01-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Poor Miss Molly!! SHe does look as if she is not at all happy with her new pink accessory! So glad that it wasn't any worse! Kisses from the Herd!
Sandi

Pokeys Mom
01-04-2006, 02:50 PM
:bighug: What a terrible ordeal! I am glad that both of you are safe and sound. It must be hard to walk with the bandage on. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Frzframe
01-04-2006, 04:56 PM
she sure does have the Look down! I've been known to cry at the vets office, heck sometimes I don't even make it to the vet's office but I start crying while I'm on the phone with him!! (((((hugs for everyone)))))

oceangirls
01-04-2006, 11:02 PM
aww, poor DH!! If it is any comfort, both of us have stepped on the always-underfoot Cassie before :rolleyes: I am a little late, but here are rayz for poor Molly and her mom:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: . Pink is really a nice color on her... maybe she needs a new girly sweater to match her bandage? :D

Patt
01-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Molly is beautiful with one pink foot, I think that's kind of cute. Poor baby, but I'm sure she'll be doing her normal thing in no time. Sending many healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: to her and hope she feels better soon. :hearts:
Please give her :hug99: :hug99: and :kisses: :kisses:

HotDogMama
01-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks everybody for all the :rayz: and hugs...... she is doing okay, hobbling around but she doesn't have to for long because she just gives me the LQQK and I pick her up :rotfl: we go back Friday to change the bandage and check it out and I guess see how it goes from there... DH is doing better also, she has been stuck to him like velcro as normal so he feels a lot better..... I told him don't worry about it, if he threw it at her it would be different :doh: but ya'll know how men are...... Thanks again I will give you an update when we get back Friday.. :bighug: