PDA

View Full Version : We Did It!!!!!!!!!

areese
01-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I am proud to announce that Laika and I got her C-ATCH today (CPE Agility Championship) She is the first miniature dachshund ( not that she technically is a mini but she is registered as such) to get it and the second dachshund of any sort :)
It was not a pretty run, as she went right by the weaves as if she had never seen them before... she came back eventually and did them and I NEVER thought we would make time after that but I ran like a bat outa **** so she would speed up to her maximum and she somehow managed to finish the rest of the course only 3 seconds over time. Whish was ok cuz she can have up to 5 time faults (one for each second). I didn't think we did it, though...one of my friends was watching and she said we didn't finish the weaves until we had used 30 seconds on the clock...the weaves were only the 5th obstacle so there were 12 more to go including the dogwalk, a-frame and teeter which take a lot longer than a jump or tunnel! Which she did in 43 seconds!! When we were done I didn't think we had qualified so I was resigning myself to getting it SUNDAY when the scorekeeper yelled hey AMY and gave me the thumbs up!!! I couldn't believe it!
Well anyway...I'm so happy and relieved we got it :) I ran her in snooker too-she q'd and got a first and Owen qualified in all his runs today (3) with one third place and two firsts. HIS standard run (same run as Laika) was run in 55.6 seconds. Standard course time was 71. He is a fast little weenie!!!!!!!!!! More importantly he was happy happy happy the whole time running with his lil tail wagging so hard.....My friends say he looks like a happy cartoon dog running.
ANYWAY, I'm so proud of my Laika....she had a LOT of fears and issues in agility...was so afraid of the teeter she didn't do one in a trial for a YEAR so she has overcome a lot and done so well :) What a great dog she is :)
AND my friend Pat (Salsa's former mommy) gave me a card with a certificate good for a picture of Laika painted on anything (shirt, chair, whatever I want) by another agility person we know who does really really great artwork!!!

oceangirls
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
:holyshp: that's fantastic!!

Congratulations, Laika and Amy (and Owen)!!!!! How cool that she is the only miniature wiener to do that!!

I don't know what snooker is... :scratch::confused:

Frzframe
01-19-2007, 08:43 PM
:woohoo: That is so great, wonderful, awesome Amy!!! I'm so proud of you and Laika! You've worked so hard with her and it shows. :) :cheer2:

Go Owen! Go Owen! Go Owen!! :hearts:

I really wish I could come see you guys do your thing. Maybe someday. :bighug:

areese
01-19-2007, 08:59 PM
:holyshp: that's fantastic!!

I don't know what snooker is... :scratch::confused:

Snooker is an awesome game that is so hard to explain..... There's a course set up with obstacles numbered from 2-7 and the table. Some numbers are combos so like number 7 could be two jumps, or a jump and a tunnel or something like that. And then there are 3 or 4 single jumps out there with red cones. You have to do a red jump, then a numbered obstacle, then a red jump, another numbered obstacle (it can be the same one but can't be the same red jump) then a third red jump and a third numbered obstacle. Then you start with 2 and do them all through 7 and get on the table to stop the clock. You have a certain amount of time...if the buzzer goes off you go right to the table. You get points (the same as the number on the obstacle) for completing obstacles and one point each for the red jumps. The number of points you need varies with what level you are at. YOu plan the whole "opening" sequence however you want to do it, as long as you do red jump, obstacle, red jump etc. The closing must be 2-7 in sequence. If you knock a red jump bar, you must do another one before you can do an obstacle. If you knocked two, you are done You dont HAVE to finish the whole sequence to qualify if you get enough points but you must do the alternating three red jumps and 3 obstacles. They are set up so it's hard to do the higher value obstacles like the 7's and 6's... There are a bunch of ways to mess it up!! I love snooker....once you get the hang of it it's really fun.

Tanya
01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
That is such awesome news!!!

:wave2: :congrats: :wave2:

Da Brat
01-19-2007, 09:10 PM
:congrats: Amy! That's awesome, but I gotta ask.. How'd Salsa bug do on her run? And where in doG's name are the pictures?!?!?!?

areese
01-19-2007, 09:16 PM
:congrats: Amy! That's awesome, but I gotta ask.. How'd Salsa bug do on her run? And where in doG's name are the pictures?!?!?!?
Salsa didn't run today-she's gonna run Sunday. My friend took some pics of Laika and me and the judge and her ribbon and the C-Atch pole (it's a tradition to be given a decorated jump bar when you get your c-atch...and you have people sign it with markers :)) but she hasn't emailed them to me yet... The run also was taped by a few people but I dunno when I'll get it...
We are for sure gonna tape salsa's run at least on my camera so it better not take more than a minute cuz that's all the time it will tape!!
But I will get some pictures posted as soon as I get them :)

laura
01-19-2007, 09:19 PM
:appl: :appl: :appl: :banana: :cheer2:

congrats! You did it!

Alex's Mom
01-19-2007, 09:32 PM
:woohoo::cheer::cheer::cheer: Laika!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer: (and Owen, of course :)) I am just so proud of all of you (not least of all you, Amy!!!!!) You've worked so hard, and it's paid off!! :congrats:

jenfer
01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
CONGRATULATION!!!

Jill
01-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Awesome!!! Congrats!

Mama S.
01-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Yee haww and HOT DA*&!!!! Do I get to say I TOLD YOU SOOOOOO :nana::rotfl: I knew you guys would come through with flying colors!!! Yeeaa :cheer2: Laika for being so great at agilty ! Yeaa :cheer2: Mommy for working so hard with your babies!! Yeeaaaa Owie :cheer2: for being sooo dern cute!! and of course Miss Salsalita - You just go lil girl!!!!
:hearts:
Mama

catstamm
01-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Congratulations!!!!! you are incredible and so are the kids.....you must feel like I did when my son graduated from college....but damn you must feel even better ...cuz my son wasn't the first!!!!!:hug99: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Patt
01-20-2007, 12:49 AM
:congrats: to all. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

lizzieb38
01-20-2007, 12:55 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!! LAIKA AND AMY!!YOU BOTH HAVE WORKED HARD TO GET THERE!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU BOTH!!!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: TO YOU. AND MY LIL OWEY IS WONDERFUL TOO, AND CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT SALSA!!

lotsadox
01-20-2007, 01:06 AM
:wow: That is so cool, Amy! :congrats: to you and Laika on a job very well done!

Tex
01-20-2007, 11:20 AM
:way2go: Laika and Amy!!!!!!!!!! A huge congrats to you both!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Der Owie,

I knows dat Laika is gettin' wots of da attention wite now, but you's my boy!!!! You's did gweat toos!!!!:banana: I wish I coulds bees der to cheer you's on!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

All my wuv :hearts: ,
Joowee

areese
01-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Der Owie,

I knows dat Laika is gettin' wots of da attention wite now, but you's my boy!!!! You's did gweat toos!!!!:banana: I wish I coulds bees der to cheer you's on!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

All my wuv :hearts: ,
Joowee

Deer Joowee,
I got a good good idea. I was thinkin....my momma could send da wittle bug ting to YOUR house and YOU could come to DIS house. I know you would not smack me and bite my neck-skin. Plus you are way more beeyooteeful dan dis ting here.
I did do gewat at agility. I am da fastest weenie there is. I will get dat big wibbon vewy soon I knows it.
So, ANYWAY, I thinks you could come here. YOu could do agility too. Your mommy will not be lonely cuz I will send her da Salsa ting.
love,
Owen Weenie

Lisa
01-20-2007, 07:19 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

CONGRATULATIONS! That is REALLY impressive!

WTG Laika :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: