PDA

View Full Version : They love but I have a complaint

alfina
01-20-2007, 10:29 PM
So, Sofie and Sebastian absolutely love the medallions. But I have a problem now.

See before I'd have time to read a book or a magazine while Sofie and Sebastian ate. Now they inhale their food so fast, by the time the bowl hits the floor, it is all gone! My reading time is gone! :sosad:

Courtney
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
You should feed them REAL raw food! It gives them a workout and takes time to eat most meals.

Otto'sMom
01-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Otto can eat his kibble in less than 30 seconds. It takes him at least 20 minutes to consume a chicken leg. If only I wasn't so grossed out by those chicken legs slime.

Red Haired Girl
01-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I feel your pain. DH feeds them in the AM. It was a constant battle to get Mitch to eat. He'd dink around, DH waiting to make sure he ate, so Low-la wouldn't eat his meal. I feed at night. I'd have time to tidy the kitchen and get my coat on before they were ready for their last potty walk.

No More. We are barely back in the livingroom and here they come, ready for the walk.

But hey, I'm glad Mitch looks forward to meal time now. It would suck not liking your food and not being able to tell someone, then having to eat the stuff everyday. It is a fair trade.

I feed the Medallions because I don't want animal carcass dragged across my carpet and floors. Feeding outside is not an option due to other wildlife. Also, if they would happen to get sick and I'm not home, I know they didn't eat anything that will get lodged or cause a problem coming back up. I do give supervised raw bones once or twice a week when we are here and will be here with them for the day. If I roast a chicken, they always get the neck - it is understood. Everyone has to do what is best for their situation and pet. No one way of feeding or type of food is the wrong way if you and your pet(s) are happy.

Lisa
01-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I am glad they love their new food. Mine eat their food that fast as well....they love it!

Jill
01-21-2007, 11:10 AM
B&R Eat so super fast too. They just love the medallions. They eat the nighttime kibble super fast too.

One of my friends, his pug was eating too fast and therefore puking after he ate and the vet suggested that they feed his kibble off a cookie sheet. So that way he has to scrounge around for it. He said it has been working great.

Tex
01-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Julie inhales her kibble! Jax takes his time......we have to keep a constant eye on little miss hoover to make sure she doesn't eat Jax's food too!

Patt
01-21-2007, 05:59 PM
For eager eating dogs you might consider this bowl.

http://www.brake-fast.net/