PDA

View Full Version : Please sign this petition! US Soldiers Taunt Crippled Dog

akiss
01-22-2007, 03:10 PM
I know this is not Doxi related.. but important.

Dear All,

Please read and sign the following petition:

"U.S. Soldiers Taunt Crippled Dog In Iraq VIDEO."

Please take a moment to read about this important issue and join me in signing the petition. It takes just 30 seconds, but can truly make a difference. Featured in this short video are at least 2 young men who are truly not of "America's Finest" military personnel.

This is sickening!

The petition is belew, but if you want to do more than just sign a petition here's a website
with the video that also tells you how to send a letter to the commanding officers to demand that they be brought to justice. Please take a minute and write a letter. They even give you an example to use if wanted.

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/iraq_dog_abuse
Let these jerks that disgraced their uniform, their unit, their flag and their country see the true POWER OF THE INTERNET! They not only were disgusting in the torture of this poor dog but stupid enough to film it with their faces showing and then leave it lying around where it found it's way to the internet!

Please sign here:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/824381310

catstamm
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM
I've heard online petitions don't do anything???:scratch:

akiss
01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Hopefully it will bring awareness to cripled animals and that they do have feelings. Hopefully if nothing is to comes of this... that the soldiers feel remorse.

Patt
01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
This is totally disgusting. Yes Cat I've read that they don't do any good. I sign them anyway, hoping one of them will get through and help.

Signed with e-mails sent to Robert Gates and Senator Feinstein!

Anatresia
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Just sickening. I signed.

Otto'sMom
01-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Hopefully it will bring awareness to cripled animals and that they do have feelings. Hopefully if nothing is to comes of this... that the soldiers feel remorse.

The soldiers won't feel remorse unless it hits them in the paycheck. You can take the animal abuser and train him how to hurt people, but they'll still want to hurt animals. Look at the dude who was a serial killer from the Navy (think he was on the Roosevelt) He was an MP in Puerto Rico, and he beat a little cocker spaniel to death that would come to the guard shack for handouts. Hadn't done anything to him, just went to him, tail between legs hoping for a morsel of food, and was murdered in return. The authorities were told and the man received no punishment, and went on to kill several prostitutes.

Do not look upon those Soldiers as the 'norm' but as bad people. Just like the animal abuser down the street here in the US. When we go overseas, we are expected to be better than that, and apparently these fool's chain of command doesn't care.

What the locals do to dogs and cats in these countries would make you sick to your stomach. What I've seen in Romania, Bahrain and Italy was tragic. What I've read about in China makes me cry. Many of the people are treated worse than the animals too.