PDA

View Full Version : Kong Fillings??

K2
01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Just wondering if anyone puts anything interesting in their Kongs. I use the Kong filling or peanut butter with some treats. I've also put cream cheese in it. Since the Kong is working so well right now, I thought I'd try some new things......any ideas??

Courtney
01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Cream cheese is good! I also use yogurt and freeze it, and Natural Balance rolls, and kibble, and Easy Cheese, and bananas.

jenfer
01-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Usually just PB.

WeenieintheWindow.com
01-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I'd use organic peanut butter or frozen pumpkin. :yumyum:

catstamm
01-24-2007, 11:08 PM
I'd use organic peanut butter or frozen pumpkin. :yumyum:
That's exactly what I use :)

Patt
01-24-2007, 11:10 PM
I layer the KONG starting with kibble, biscuit, yogurt, kibble, KONG PB, yogurt and a lean treat and freeze. I know it sounds like a lot but it is small portions. Below is the KONG site. They have different recipes and may give you a new idea. Let us know what you decide. I'm sure Pippit will love it. :)

http://www.kongcompany.com
Select Tips & Advice and then Recipes.

catstamm
01-24-2007, 11:38 PM
I layer the KONG starting with kibble, biscuit, yogurt, kibble, KONG PB, yogurt and a lean treat and freeze. I know it sounds like a lot but it is small portions. Below is the KONG site. They have different recipes and may give you a new idea. Let us know what you decide. I'm sure Pippit will love it. :)

http://www.kongcompany.com
Select Tips & Advice and then Recipes.
Damn that made me hungry...sounds like a parfait:rotfl: :rotfl:
Easy Cheese???? That perservative in a can for humans...or is there a kong stuff for dogs?

Jill
01-25-2007, 10:01 AM
99% of the time I use the kong paste and kong snap. I order the kong paste super cheap through petedge. I freeze it overnight.

sometimes i'll mash bananas and pb together. sometimes i put kibble. sometimes i use the kong trail mix.

we have the small kongs so it's hard to fill.

Patt
01-25-2007, 12:57 PM
sometimes i'll mash bananas and pb together. sometimes i put kibble. sometimes i use the kong trail mix.

Trix loves the KONG trail mix but I think they quit making it. :scratch:

Rae
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Easy Cheese???? That perservative in a can for humans...or is there a kong stuff for dogs?

yes- the stuff my littermate Kim opens her mouth and squirts straight in. she prefers not to dilute the ecstacy with those pesky crackers.

Courtney
01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes I give my dogs Easy Cheese. Not the whole can at once. I've never met a dog who won't do anything for Easy Cheese so I always keep some on hand. Behold the power of Easy Cheese.

Otto'sMom
01-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Which is waaaaay less spendy than Kong filling.

Mama S.
01-25-2007, 01:49 PM
EZ cheese - da h erd knows da can on site!! PJ brings it out and has to fend for himself as weenies cover him trying for a taste:rotfl:

oceangirls
01-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I use Kong stuffing (PB flavor), kibble, and small treats broken into different size pieces so some are harder to get out than others. I only use a little bit of stuffing, though.

yes- the stuff my littermate Kim opens her mouth and squirts straight in. she prefers not to dilute the ecstacy with those pesky crackers.

I haven't had ANY Easy Cheese since the "Incident", thankyouverymuch :sosad: And I will have you know, I ate the first five bites with crackers until I ran out of crackers. :conf4:

catstamm
01-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I wish I could get kongs for the girls, which I have twice, but Carlee can snap a kong in half....even the larger ones....so kongs don't last here :sosad:
Carlee has the jaws of death.....i'd hate to see her mad :rotfl:

LexieLuvr
01-26-2007, 04:28 PM
OK, I dummm :duh: :duh: - what be Easy Cheese???

catstamm
01-26-2007, 06:13 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Courtney can explain :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Courtney
01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Cheese in a can!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/52081871_c7dd328f38.jpg

This is the way Kim likes it, apparently...(note: not a pic of Kim, I found it online)

http://kris2887.tripod.com/ooolala/easy_cheese_.jpg

catstamm
01-26-2007, 06:20 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Love it ...But Courtney Kim perfers the CHEEZ-IT "NEW" flavor...that is why she isn't in the picture...:rotfl: :rotfl:

Teddysmom
01-27-2007, 03:05 PM
I wish I could get kongs for the girls, which I have twice, but Carlee can snap a kong in half....even the larger ones....so kongs don't last here :sosad:
Carlee has the jaws of death.....i'd hate to see her mad :rotfl:
I hear ya Cat. Teddy has that same problem...Jaws of death. I got him a Kong chewy toy while he was on crate rest with his back issue and he chewed clean through it! He did enjoy trying to get the peanut butter and cheese out of it though. I believe he just got mad because he couldn't get to it fast enough and decided the "direct approach" would be best and chewed through it!