PDA

View Full Version : When you give them drumsticks

alfina
01-26-2007, 09:06 PM
do you let them finish the entire thing with the bone and all? I give mine each today but I chickened out and took the bone away when they ate all the meat off it. Sabrina was the only one who got it all before I could get to it.

Lisa
01-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I believe they need the bone for calcium, vitamin D and other benefits as well. The raw medallions do have bone in them, just ground up. Also it's the bones that are good for their teeth too.

Otto'sMom
01-26-2007, 11:12 PM
I have yet to find any drummie remains when I give the anipals them as a treat. They love it when I haul out the slimy things.

Tex
01-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I thought that while most bones are ok for doggies, chicken bones were not so good bc they splinter or something :scratch: and the bone could get stuck in their throat. I could easliy be totally wrong here, and I can't remember where I heard/read that. Maybe it just holds true for people.......

I will try to see if this is accurate or not, or just something I heard somewhere........if anybody knows the truth behind this one, please post and correct me. Now I'm just confused :duh:

oceangirls
01-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I thought that while most bones are ok for doggies, chicken bones were not so good bc they splinter or something :scratch: and the bone could get stuck in their throat. I could easliy be totally wrong here, and I can't remember where I heard/read that. Maybe it just holds true for people.......

I will try to see if this is accurate or not, or just something I heard somewhere........if anybody knows the truth behind this one, please post and correct me. Now I'm just confused :duh:

Cooked bones tend to splinter so you shouldn't give those. The raw ones are not as brittle. :)

oceangirls
01-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe it just holds true for people.......

YOU should not be eating ANY bones. :conf4: Once the buffalo sauce, blue cheese, and meat are gone, PUT THE WING DOWN & BACK AWAY, BABY!!! :D

:lol:

Tex
01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Cooked bones tend to splinter so you shouldn't give those. The raw ones are not as brittle. :)
Now that makes sense.......

Tex
01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
YOU should not be eating ANY bones. :conf4: Once the buffalo sauce, blue cheese, and meat are gone, PUT THE WING DOWN & BACK AWAY, BABY!!! :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I guess I did imply that didn't I :scratch: I can't even remember the last time I ate something with a bone (not a big wing fan here) but that did really make me laugh:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

quavec
01-27-2007, 06:30 PM

Then pick up the squirt cheese .............:lol:

oceangirls
01-27-2007, 07:55 PM

Then pick up the squirt cheese .............:lol:

you catch on quick.