PDA

View Full Version : Pokey is at the Vet's Office

Pokeys Mom
01-04-2006, 03:07 PM
We picked up Pokey from cage-free boarding on Sunday. He was happy to see us, trotted along, drank a lot of water and ate a lot. Then he started trembling on and off. He would walk stiffly, but then run to get dinner. I checked his back and all toes. He did all of his business outside, but then did a repeat of Act II with no warning inside. Very unusual for him.

Monday he was still trembling on and off so we took him into the vets office. They thought he had an upset tummy from stress and gave him tagamet.

Monday night Pokey got into the garbage. He has never ever done that before. There wasn't much of it, but it was strewn all over the kitchen floor. There was an old tomato in there, that I'm pretty sure he ate.

Tuesday- day of diarreah. A lot in the morning, but tapering off to "normal" in the afternoon. Trembling/shaking had stopped

Wednesday- diarreah returened worse, started vomiting. Dh rushed him to the vet because I had to lead a class at 8:30am.

They're at the vet's right now, so I am just waiting with :rayz: .

Dh and I are supposed to fly home on Friday for my dad's 70th surprise party that we are throwing for him. (I feel good about it, not stressed). If need be, he can stay at the vet's for the weekend. If he is healthier, he can stay with my oldest BIL.

Poor Pokey! :hearts:

Courtney
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh yes poor sweet Pokey!!! Here are plenty of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for him!! I hope he is back to normal soon.

K2
01-04-2006, 03:10 PM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for poor Pokey. Please keep us posted. Oh, and sending you a few :hug99: too.

Nancy
01-04-2006, 03:12 PM
poor little one! lot's of kisses and :rayz: :rayz: for the little man!

Yolanda
01-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for the little guy. Hopefully it is nothing to worry about. Let us know please

Jen
01-04-2006, 03:51 PM
:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for poor Pokey. Hope its nothing serious. Please do let us know what the Vet says!!

Lisa
01-04-2006, 03:53 PM
:sosad: Lots of rayz for Pokey! I hope he is feeling better soon. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Please keep us updated Renee. Have a great time at your dad's birthday party. Sounds like so much fun!! :boogie: :boogie:

oceangirls
01-04-2006, 03:54 PM
lots of rayz:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: . I hope you find out something soon! Happy Birthday to your Dad!!!!

lotsadox
01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Sending tons of rayz for poor Pokey. :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: Please keep us posted.

Pokeys Mom
01-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Pokey is home! :hula1: I was worried that he might stay overnight.

X-ray showed that nothing is blocked, but his intestines are inflamed. His vet gave him an injection of Reglan and fluids. He has a big fluid filled mass at the injection site that will hopefully go down! He also has Flagyl liquid which I'm not supposed to start until tonight to be on a 12 hour schedule.

We can start fluids in 4 hours, and a bland diet after that -have to check the sheet of instructions.

Pokey is very tired and sleeping off the stress in one of his "cave" spots (between pieces of furniture), but I'll see if he wants to take a nap with mom. :)

Thanks for the :rayz:! I just came home to an empty house with towels and pee pads scattered in every room.

Frzframe
01-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Glad he was allowed to come home. Many mega :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:'s from us here in Kansas that he'll be in tip top shape soon.

Rae
01-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Duchie is very concerned about her beau and is glad to hear he is doing better. She was getting concerned about the screaming poopies, but the rotten tomato was a good clue- way to go mom.

Duchie sends a very discreet and dignified smoochie and best wishes for a better day. :hearts:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Sophie and I are waiting on pins and needles to hear about her Sugar Daddy! Our hearts and thoughts are pulling for the Grand Ol' Man!!:crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Pokeys Mom
01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
All of the vet meds and DLC :rayz: did the trick. Thank you so much everyone! He is recovering quickly with a lot of sleeping. I just took him outside and he wanted to romp around and go for a short walk! :cheer2:

I can tell that his intestines are either spasming or irritated, but he is tons better. :boogie:

LUVMYGUNNER
01-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Glad he is doing better.

Jen
01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Yay so glad he's feeling better!!

Patt
01-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Renee, I am sorry I missed this but I am thankful that everything is going okay for Pokey now. Sending a few more :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and :hug99: :hug99: to keep him healthy. :hearts:

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Yay!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce8::snoopy:

Tanya
01-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Yay! I am glad Pokey is feeling better!!! :banana:

:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: Just in case!!