PDA

View Full Version : Video of the NE Humane Society

Frzframe
01-31-2007, 03:02 PM
This is a great video (it's 7 minutes long) of the Omaha Humane Society where I got Buddy from. It's a really good video and you can see how nice their building is. I wish every animal shelter/humane society was like this one.

http://www.current.tv/watch/18960668.htm

michelehbc
01-31-2007, 11:08 PM
aaahhh The "I've been adopted" sign hanging over the "black is cool" sign for that lab at the end made me teary! Sheesh!

ebmw1975
01-31-2007, 11:43 PM
When my sis and bil lived in Omaha that is where they volenteered tons of time and every turkey day for 5 or 6 years, as it was too far to come home for a short weekend and they are vegetarians so what good is turkey day if you wont eat turkey?:rotfl: They moved to Maryland a year and a bit ago and do some volenteering but not as much as before. But that is where she got her cat Ivy whenshe was a kitten and she also did some fostering too of puppys and kittens. She is now a teacher/consultant for special ed teachers and is sooo good with the kids and animals she is so quie and calm and gentle I guess that is why. Can you tell I am proud of my big sis? Brooke

Patt
02-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Such sweet faces I wish I could adopt them all. Looks like a very nice shelter. ITA all HS should take notice of that place and the SFHS "Maddie's Place". Thanks for sharing the video.

Tex
02-01-2007, 08:23 AM
That is a nice shelter. I think I saw atleast one doxie (red standard maybe) in that video.........thanks for sharing. Sending some big adoption :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for all dogs, cats, and critters!

doxiemommy3
02-15-2007, 04:29 PM
what a nice shelter...I think more should be like that then maybe the dogs would have a better chance at making it in home.

I wish I could bring them all home!!! I saw 2 doxies a red and a blk/tan...the red one looked just like Cowboy.

Now I am going to have to make time for my local shelters...I used to do it every weekend.