PDA

View Full Version : The Infamous Fortress of Gertitude

Otto'sMom
01-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I've spoken often of the Fortress where Otto and Grrrt spend their days while I'm at work or away. Named after the Fortress of Solitude from some comic book. Normally there's no air freshner there, but after Otto's diarrheal outbursts, I had to do something.
Here it is closed:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Mvc-026s.jpg

Can you spot the real doxie?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Mvc-025s.jpg

It's Otto! All snuggled up:hearts:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Mvc-029s.jpg

lotsadox
01-05-2006, 12:14 AM
What a cute pic! I love to see dachsies all snuggled! :hearts:

Pokeys Mom
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
:hearts: I was wondering what the fortress was, and was secretly laughing at the title. You have a great sense of humor!

Is the "funk" in the air or on surfaces? If it's in carpet, baking soda helps (sprinkle, leave on for 10 minutes, vacuum up.) The rest of my cleaning supplies are so pungent and strong! I had to open a window, but it's a tad bit warmer here. :)

We were told to get the children's Immodium for Marta's tummy, which is green liquid mint. Ack! Not fun to clean that one up if it's hurled. I mean, do they really have to make it green? ;)

Goob
01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
I LOVE the little day bed!!!! OMG where did you get that!? Otto looks happy as a clam! :hearts:

Tanya
01-05-2006, 01:45 AM
:hearts: Otto is so cute snuggled up in there! I want to crawl in with him! :hearts:

Also, that bed is really cool! :banana:

Patt
01-05-2006, 02:00 AM
What a terrific pic all cozy and comfy! :hearts: :hearts: The seniors appear to like places like that. Very sweet. :muchlove:

Otto'sMom
01-05-2006, 08:08 AM
The bed came from a shop up in Southern Maryland. I'll have to see if they have a website.
Don't tell, it's a CAT bed! It was really inexpensive due to the fact that the local populace didn't really think dogs/cats needed items like that, and the owner of the shop wanted to just get rid of it, as it was taking up space. I replaced the cat pad with beds from Target and a blankie I got for Xmas one year.

Nancy
01-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Nothing better than a snuggled up puppie! Great bed too!

doxiechick
01-05-2006, 09:00 AM
What a sweet picture. I love the bed too! I also noticed the black doxie figure you have. I got one for Christmas.

Mama S.
01-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Soooo sweet! I also love the bed! Maybe something my guys wouldn't eat! WHy is it that every good deal is a one time thing?!
Sandi

Otto'sMom
01-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I'll make you even more annoyed....that bed cost a total of $35 bucks.

And I got the black dachshund from Target months ago. I think I had 40 bucks left till payday, needed gas and bought that thing instead. :)

Lisa
01-05-2006, 10:43 AM
What a little :angel7: Otto is so awwwwdorable! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

oceangirls
01-05-2006, 10:45 AM
That's a great fortress! I want a fortress! The girls can share it with me, I guess :D

Cute little pupper face in the blankets!

Otto'sMom
01-05-2006, 10:55 AM
It's so much fun taking photos of them. What you can't see is Otto's tail starting to "thwack thwack thwack" the back of the bed when I got down on the floor. So happy Mommy was close, but just not gonna get out of bed to come and see me.