PDA

View Full Version : Beneful Dog Food U P D A T E

Patt
02-08-2007, 04:45 AM
Check out this link for more info.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/beneful.asp

Tex
02-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Thanks Patt. Love me some snopes! I hope they figure it out soon.......

areese
02-08-2007, 08:37 AM
I had gotten the warnings on a few groups and for some reason it didn't ring "true" for me....I'll be interested in what is finally determined.
When the Diamond dog food problem was announced, it was backed up by statements all along from the company, even before they were sure what was going on. This one is different...and the added info on visible mold...the problem with diamond food was some sort of mold but not visible growing on the dog food...a mold that grows on grains before processing and it wasn't something you could see, ever, so the added little bits about mold growing on it didn't lead to its credibility for me. Who would feed their dog moldy looking food? Of course I don't feed beneful anyway!!!
There is a statement from purina now..
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_beneful_dog_food2.htm

lotsadox
02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, considering it's Purina, I wouldn't believe anything that they said. Being a huge conglomerate they have enough money to pay someone to say exactly what they want them to say about their dog food. Big drug companies do it and I'm sure that dog food companies do also. Not a big Purina fan here.

LexieLuvr
02-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Well, considering it's Purina, I wouldn't believe anything that they said. Being a huge conglomerate they have enough money to pay someone to say exactly what they want them to say about their dog food. Big drug companies do it and I'm sure that dog food companies do also. Not a big Purina fan here.
My sentiments exactly!

Linus
02-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Ooo..that's weird...it started in Huntsville, where I went to school for 4 years. When Bailey was a puppy, I bought food at that Wal Mart! (before I knew better) I bet it's my vet too...there are only a few there. Eerie.