PDA

View Full Version : Food Natzis DO NOT READ!!

Otto'sMom
02-09-2007, 12:13 AM
I've got to get the video camera out of the computer room and back by my chairs. Reason? For supper, I had Strawberry Whoppers. I got to the point where I was tired of them and decided to share the wealth.
There is nothing funnier than watching a dog eat something they've never tried before. Darwin took it in his mouth so gently, unsure of what exactly I was giving him. Once he figured out it was nummynummynummah, I couldn't get him to leave! Grrrrt would take them and work them around in her mouth and then you'd hear the unmistakable 'kronshkronshkronsh' of enjoyment. She even started licking the cardboard container:rotfl: Dolly had to be the funniest, unsure as Darwin was but with much gentler lips, barely holding on to it. I dropped one and it didn't get to roll more than 2 inches across the floor before Austin took it. The only one who missed out was P'daisy, who slept through the whole affair.
Strawberry Whoppers get 6 out of 7 paws up, but only cause someone slept through it all.
No upset tummy rays needed, the 'pals are fine.

Frzframe
02-09-2007, 12:17 AM
My gang want to come visit auntie Andrea and their pal Darwin! They love begging for and sometimes getting extra yummy treats. I am luck cause they don't get upset tummys either. :D

Patt
02-09-2007, 04:34 AM
I don't know what Strawberry Whoppers are, they sound like they might be good. :scratch:
Trixie is on a strict dog food only diet.

lotsadox
02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Okay, I'm :duh: about candy. I had to google Strawberry Whoppers to find out what they were. WOW! I don't blame the dogs for being excited about getting those. I want to go live at Auntie Andrea's house! :banana: :banana: Those sound great!

It is funny to see them try something new. The DH once gave one of our dogs a raw shrimp. She spent an hour licking it and rolling it around in her mouth before I finally took it away from her. She acted like she knew it was food, but just didn't know how to eat it. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Otto'sMom
02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
It was so sweet! They weren't even begging for treats and I just decided to share.

oceangirls
02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I like those Robin's Egg malted milk things that come out around Easter... so I would probably like those too!

I agree it is hilarious when they get something they don't recognize in their mouths. DH sometimes lets them lick grapefruit or papaya after he's eaten the fruit out :liplick:. I think he offered them avocado once too :D

lotsadox
02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
That's the best time to share with them. :hearts:

OurLilRascals
02-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I had the same thing happen to me last night but Chloe(EVIL BLACK CAT) went nuts for my Doritoes. I have never in my life seen a cat eat anything thats not cat food. I was in amazement.

Jacqueline
02-10-2007, 07:44 AM
I haven't shared candy, or "human" food with the kids....well....scrambled eggs, but we know those are really pupper food they share with us.

I have birds, and have shared Charlie Bear treats with them. My poor old half naked Quaker, Skittles, seldom ever talks, but I was standing by her cage, and she looked up at me and clearly said "Cookie"!. Surprised me. I asked her, "You want a cookie?" Taffy nearly knocked me over heading for the fridge, lol. I told her it wasn't that kind that Skittles wanted.

"Charlie bears for everyone!", I proclaimed, and we handed them out. Great dog (and bird) treats.

We did get nice fresh marrow bones today, tho.

Tex
02-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh yes, you really do need to get the camera out!!!! Great story, we need it on video!!!

doxiemommy3
02-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Mine love candy!!!! Last easter Kenna found the Easter Eggs for an easter egg hunt....and she popped them open and ate half of the candy (they were taped too she is such a smart doxie when it comes to food) Kenna also ate a box of choc covered cherries (yes the whole box)...she did not even get a tummy ach even though I was scared out of my mind...I swear she has an iron gut.

I do give them a special treat when we have them...and that is Twizzlers...they love them and make me feel bad that I don't share with them. Other than that and French Fries...they only get health treats like watermelon and carrots. I am such a sucker for the L@@K. (oh yeah they get ice cream in the summer and freezy pops)

OurLilRascals
02-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Ours get gummies, starbursts, twizzlers, cheetos. The get Pro Plan for sensitive tummies mixed with Pro Plan for overweight and moist for their regular dinner. But the first stuff is their special treats.:shocked:

Frzframe
02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I saw some of those Strawberry Whoopers last night at the store but I resisted them. :rolleyes:

oceangirls
02-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I have started giving each of mine a Cheerio when I have a bowl. Now we have established a routine and they look at me eagerly when they see the big yellow box. I think it's cute to watch a dog eat a Cheerio (they swallow most things whole but they crunch these for some reason :D )