PDA

View Full Version : Dachshund Greta

alfina
02-10-2007, 08:12 AM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070210/NEWS/702100378

Red Haired Girl
02-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Cute dog. Her owner on the other hand..... She moves into a place that has rules regarding pet ownership. She breaks the rules, but still gets to keep her pet due to a sympathetic ruling. Fine. Yet, she continues to break the rules of her agreement from mediation and this is her neighbors fault? Why?
I don't understand the mentality of people who knowingly go against established rules, laws or boundries then cry foul when they are asked to obey them.

I don't forsee her selling her home anytime soon. The article does not shed a bright light on that community as a whole. I wouldn't want to live there. JMHO.

areese
02-10-2007, 10:28 AM
I agree...how can she complain when she got a dog when she knew she wasn't allowed to have one?? I hope she can sell her place and move...I wouldn't want to live there but that was her choice to move into a place that did not allow pets, health problems or not. Now if she had gotten permission BEFORE she got the dog I'd be a bit more sympathetic. a BIT.

Tex
02-10-2007, 11:31 AM
ITA that if she wanted a dog, she should have permission first, or moved to another pet-friendly area first. I do have to give her credit for not simply getting rid of the dog....so far.......

Patt
02-11-2007, 02:26 AM
I am sorry for Gretta but definitely not sorry for her guardian. What an idiot thinking she could get away with it.
I would like to see Gretta go to a safe, loving home and the lady hung out to dry.

JuneyTrixie
02-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I hope there are some rescue agencies ready to step in! Seriously, anytime that I looked for an apartment, the very FIRST question that I would ask would be do you allow pets. If they said yes, I then talked about other things, then if I chose the apartment, I would insist on a clause in the agreement that stated that my pets were allowed and how many I had and what kind.

She said that she was lonely. She could have gotten a cat and no-one would ever know as long as she kept the cat inside.

lotsadox
02-11-2007, 12:43 PM
ITA with all. Being lonely is no excuse for so blatantly breaking rules. She's an idiot. :pray: for Greta. With an owner like that, she'll probably need all the prayers she can get.

Neshane
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
In the Sarasota, Flordia trailer park where my mom lived in they couldn't have pets. Her neighbor had her daughter come for a visit and brought their 5lb. poodle and the land lady seen it and told them to leave the park RIGHT NOW. They had to find a kennel for the rest of the time she was down there just visiting her mom.