PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog do this?

Anatresia
01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
When taking a treat, Miss Rigby grabs it from my hand as fast as possible and runs top speed to someplace else to eat it. It's hysterical. Today, she didn't even grab the treat, she went towards my hand, missed, and started running, then had to try again to get the treat!! It's so weird.

Mr. Fattypants on the other hand will either sniff the treat and decide if it's fattening enough for him to consume (and he will wait and inspect all treats before choosing one) and then will not move from my side until he is sure that any and all treats are put away for the night.

What do your dogs do?

lotsadox
01-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Mine grab the treat and run to a "safe" spot. That means one where the other dogs can't get their treat. Mostly they'll go in the living room and lay with their faces towards the wall and their hineys toward the room so no one can steal their treat.

quavec
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Cricket does the grab and run thing. :seeya: then he comes back to make sure he didn't miss anything.:rolleyes:

Courtney
01-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep Napoleon usually grabs and runs too. Last week when I was chopping up meals, I was handing out the organs that came inside the ducks I bought. Napoleon will not eat thawed liver -- I have to feed it frozen. I handed him some, and didn't notice that he took it to the living room and decided he did not want it and just left it on the rug. I found it and said "Kids! We don't leave our liver on the rug!!!"

Jen
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Your place is a barrel of laughs Courtney!

Tasha subscribes to the grab it and run method too!! She's also a big guarder. If she can't finish it, too tired, she'll sit and guard it (flossies, pizzles) till we take it away......

jenfer
01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Miss Gigi will grab it HARD (ouch!) and fast and eat... I mean SWALLOW it right then and wag her tail wanting more! She broke my skin a few times at agility class.

Goob
01-05-2006, 07:34 PM
My two do that - they grab the treats and scuttle away in different directions!

K2
01-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Pippit takes the treat and with either run under the table or into the other room to eat it.

The funniest one though is~my mom has a can of treats(not too sure what they are)and when we go over, she opens the can and puts it in front of him(like offering him one)and asks if he would like one. He oh, so carefully takes one out of the tin. It's adorable!

JanUet
01-05-2006, 08:58 PM
It depends on the size of the treat. If it is small and fits in their mouth they will eat it right in front of me. If it is a little big for their mouths (for example a long french fry) they will run away to a spot to eat it. :rotfl: Then run back and see if I have anymore. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Linus
01-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Bailey is a master of the grab and run! He grabs hard though and sometimes it hurts, so now I put him in a sit before he gets a treat, then he isn't so inclined to bite you!

Jacqueline
01-06-2006, 12:48 AM
If it's a potty treat, she eats it right there where it's given to her....but if it's one of my home made cookie/biscuits, she takes it and dashes off before I can change my mind. She will do just about anything for one of those cookies, and you will not find a crumb left from them.

Taffy's middle name is now officially Hoover, as in vacuum cleaner.

LUVMYGUNNER
01-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Yup they sure do-both of mine do. I guess they wanna make sure they get theirs LOL Petunia will try to grab Gunners to if she can.

HotDogMama
01-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Molly is a grab n' turn her back n' eater unless its something real good then she has to make sure she squeezes as much as she can outta me. :rotfl:

Nancy
01-06-2006, 10:03 AM
I didn't know dogs chewed their treats, I always hear a suction type sound?:rotfl:

Otto'sMom
01-06-2006, 10:23 AM
There is nothing funnier when everybody has a crunchy treat and they eat it surrounding you with the "crunch crunch crunch" for a good 15 seconds.

We dole out treats in order of dominance:

Otto will take a treat nicely if he's alone, takes a finger if the herd is there.
Buddy sits immediately for his treats and takes it nicely.
Dolly stands in the back of the group and likes me to throw the treats for her to catch, and will take treats from my hand with a very soft mouth.
Austin takes them, hopping like a monkey because he's so impatient, gently from my hand.
Grrrrrrrrrrrt will remove fingers in order to get to the treat faster.

They all run away with Greenies, but will sit and wait if the treat is immediately consumable and there might be(alright, there is ALWAYS) another on the way.

Dolly will hover over her treat, and we play a little game with it, where I take it back and pretend to enjoy it "num num num greenies nummy nummy" She seems to enjoy it.

Loren
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
it out of our hands and it's GONE!!!! Then the floor gets licked to be sure no crumbs were missed and then it's the SAD EYES look as if to say that's it?