PDA

View Full Version : OMG...an ANTI REscue Group

catstamm
02-21-2007, 03:32 PM
What will they think of next.....read this !!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/dog_anti-rescue_anti-peta_new/

Alex's Mom
02-21-2007, 03:45 PM
:wtf: I feel slightly ill :oops: What is the matter with people???? And the sad thing is that the uneducated will read this totally uncritically and nod and agree and here we go again...::mad4:

Rae
02-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I can''t seem to find the button to click to tell these idiots to :sosad: go to hell.

lotsadox
02-21-2007, 04:08 PM
I agree it's a total :wtf: Sadly, a lot of people will agree with them and think "see it's okay to buy pets from the guy on the street corner". :rolleyes:

I loved the part about "families are great places to raise pets" and "don't call a family a backyard breeder". Okay, I won't when the pet live in the house and aren't sold as merchandise. Aarrgghhh! I'm going to go beat my head against the wall now. It would probably do as much good as talking to these people. :mad4:

catstamm
02-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I can''t seem to find the button to click to tell these idiots to :sosad: go to hell.
You have to join to post....ummm I'm soooo tempted

Rafi
02-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I was going to go into an angry rant..but rather I decided to have that yahoo group shut down.

You can report the group here:

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_abuse (http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_abuse)

Fill out the information. From the drop down menu under the "What do you feel is the violation?" question I picked "Inappropirate Material"

In my comments section I'm going to mention how they violate The Yahoo! Terms of Service: Section 6a regarding "Hatefull" Material...which is what this is.

I hope Yahoo listens to reason and shuts these guys down.

Almost Doxie
02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Some please tell me this is a joke. This can't be real can it???

"Due to scarcity SHELTERS ARE IMPORTING dogs to keep up "adoption" fees (documented proof in files)"

Oh, yes this is EXACTLY why shelters don't have enough money....not enough homeless dogs. :scratch:

I don't even know what to say. i am just stunned.

Michelle
02-21-2007, 05:41 PM
YOu can go to Yahoo and make up an email address and join the group just so you can see the kind of stuff they are talking about,, it only takes a second to create a dummy email account and then join up,

Rafi
02-21-2007, 06:04 PM
I hope they get shut down soon :)

Otto'sMom
02-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow, I haven't seen anything so absolutely freaking retarded in a while. I'd like to join the group just to tell them to FOADIAF, they can't be for real.:scratch:

dachiehome
02-21-2007, 06:56 PM
i joined i must see whats hapening, i used my reg sign in for yahoo that is weinerlove. i bet there is a lot of ideas in this bunch. shoot me with a silver bullet when i get to talking to them. i had a client bring a cat in to be groomed a few years back. she was an elderly lady and she wanted to wait. so i got her a chair and a tea and she sat in the grooming room. we made small talk, getting around to pets, and i probably was not paying close attention to the conversation, so i told her my kids dont go upstairs unless i am there, she said why do you have problems with them i said no they are getting older and some of them cannot see well enough to go up and down stairs, oh my she said can nothing be done. i said no just age and i worry about thier backs. she seemed odd it was not until after she left it came on me she was talking about human kids i thought we were still on the 4 leg kids. never seen her again????????

doxiemommy3
02-21-2007, 07:27 PM
OMG you have got to be kidding me. I am really offended that if I think of my pets as children then I am calling my children "son of b******" UGHHH I AM VERY ANGRY ABOUT THIS...How dare they. I reported them...not sure if it will do any good but I am deeply offended by pretty much all they have said. You this is why there shelters and rescue groups...becasue of people just like this.

quavec
02-21-2007, 08:27 PM
I did my reporting. The jaded side of me says Yahoo won't touch it.:rolleyes:

Jen
02-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Thank you Rafi for a proactive way to try to get rid of these idiots. :wtf: barely covers it!

michelehbc
02-21-2007, 08:50 PM
"We do not have "furkids". If you call yourself the mother of a dog, you call your children sons of a b*tch"

:mad2: :mad3: :mad2: :mad3: :mad2:

If I ever wanted to cuss up a storm it is right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dachiehome
02-21-2007, 09:11 PM
i signed up should i say something or should we watch a few days so everyone gets a look at this? they have my e mail address, oh well son of a b cathy

Mama S.
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
I reported them also. Gave them just a taste of our beautiful HRH 's story before she became our beloved Dooky. I begged them to shut down those hatemongers.
Mama

Tex
02-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Thank you Rafi for a proactive way to try to get rid of these idiots. :wtf: barely covers it!
My thoughts exactly! Thank you Rafi for looking into gettting these idiots shut down. I hope and :pray: that Yahoo will do something. Who knows......:rolleyes:

catstamm
02-21-2007, 11:21 PM
I was going to go into an angry rant..but rather I decided to have that yahoo group shut down.

You can report the group here:

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_abuse (http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_abuse)

Fill out the information. From the drop down menu under the "What do you feel is the violation?" question I picked "Inappropirate Material"

In my comments section I'm going to mention how they violate The Yahoo! Terms of Service: Section 6a regarding "Hatefull" Material...which is what this is.

I hope Yahoo listens to reason and shuts these guys down.

EXCELLENT idea Rafi.....

catstamm
02-21-2007, 11:23 PM
I did my reporting. The jaded side of me says Yahoo won't touch it.:rolleyes:

If they don't shut it down...I have an idea :duh:

lotsadox
02-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Oooh, Cat, do tell! :scratch:

michelehbc
02-21-2007, 11:32 PM
yes, yes DO tell!!!!

Patt
02-22-2007, 12:10 AM
I sent the website to PETA, asking their assistance to get it shut down. We'll see....

quavec
02-22-2007, 09:27 AM
I sent the website to PETA, asking their assistance to get it shut down. We'll see....

Oh yeah! :appl: PETA will get ahold of it and go to town! We all know they can be a tad bit....um.....vigilant at times....

dachiehome
02-22-2007, 09:47 AM
i woke up to 33 mesages on computer. 2 from my rescue group 31 from them, these people say nothing just fight over who in group ia AR, personally i would add an S to that . that is what they all are i will let it run 1 more day just to snoop.

Michelle
02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I also signed up under an assumed name and email address, there is no way I was going to sign up with my real email address. So, I am browsing their site
I highly doubt they will get shut down, they are not new, according to the info on their group it started almost 2 years ago, july 2005,, so I am sure nothing will happen, it will be interesting to see though what kind of people are on that site,

I just logged in and read some of the posts again, it appears that they are firm believers, many of them anyway, that people in rescue actually make a profit on the adoption of the dogs,, I guess none of them have ever known anybody that works with rescues and they have NO idea that many of those in rescue actually spend some of their own money to get vet care for these dogs and by no means does the rescue make a profit on the adoption of these dogs,, I wonder where these people come from, it appears though that many of them have had bad experiences with rescues, It is very interesting reading their viewpoints, and I will just sit back now and lurk on what they are saying.. It seems a bunch of Doxie people joined up, not sure how many are "undercover", I am on there undercover and made up a bunch of crap in my intro message, just to say stuff that i know they would like to hear.

dachiehome
02-22-2007, 10:08 AM
hey michelle did you read the explanation for so many dachies needing rehomed? nasty disposition. biting yada yada. i feel like asking them are they not sure thier puppymills and byb are breeding the bejesus out of them without any thought to who will own and what the genetic outcome will be. do you think any of them can be on this site? i did use my real name

Michelle
02-22-2007, 10:17 AM
hey michelle did you read the explanation for so many dachies needing rehomed? nasty disposition. biting yada yada. i feel like asking them are they not sure thier puppymills and byb are breeding the bejesus out of them without any thought to who will own and what the genetic outcome will be. do you think any of them can be on this site? i did use my real name

Yeah, I was just reading all of that!!!, I was like OMG!!, I don't think any of them would be active on this message board,, but you never know, that is why when I go undercover :spy: I will never use my real name and email..

It appears the group is just a bunch of people that got upset over their experience with rescues, you have to remember that there are lots of people that have pets and don't really consider them to be anything but just animals and will treat them as such,, and that is why rescues will not adopt out to them.

I am almost sure that if any of them were signed up on this message board they would get so sick and tired of our pics of our babies, and the clothes, and we do have a lot of rescue people on this message board, so I don't think the type from that anti-rescue would be on here for very long

michelehbc
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
BLEGH BLECH!<----- that is me retching after reading some of the discussions on that stoopid anti rescue group.

michelehbc
02-22-2007, 09:32 PM
And THIS is what I am retching about:
hmm are the ten new members from the DLC??? :rotfl:

We have about ten new members. A few are genuinely against animal
extremism. For those members I will try to give you a few quick
details of what this group is about.

We expose the truth about the animal extremism movement. Few people
are willing to stand against them. We stand in a very dangerous and
controversial position. Animal extremists generally differ with us in
the following ways.

1. They deny our position that there is no overpopulation of dogs,
even though we have presented documented proof.

2. They will deny that dog pounds that they call "shelters" are
importing mutts from foreign countries because of scarcity.

3. They will defend their right to steal dogs and other animals to
prevent what they consider animal suffering.

4. They will defend their right to damage or destroy research labs,
restaurants, farms, and food processing plants to prevent what they
consider to be animal suffering.

5. They will defend their position that animals are equal to humans in
every way.

6. They will defend their application of human words to animal
situations, and a very animal-centered vocabulary.

7. They will brag that they treat animals humanely and insist that we
don't.

8. They will use derogatory names for us and breeders and others that
they view to be their enemies.

9. Every one of them will deny that they are animal extremists.

Each one seems to specialize in one or more of these characteristics.
Not all will have all characteristics. The degree of animal extremism
varies from one person to the next. Almost all of the general
population has been affected.

quavec
02-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a militia to me :shocked: I betcha the 'owner' of the group has an underground bunker on his property and was booted out of the military for some unbecoming behavior. He/She probably has hoards of dogs and cats that he/she breeds and sells at the local Walmart parking lot - and his/her kids are holding 'for sale' signs 'to good homes' :rolleyes:

catstamm
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Oooh, Cat, do tell! :scratch:
Well if we ALL join and out-number their ignorant azz's....We can force them off their own board HEHE....
The ignorant can't take being questioned, they don't have any intelligent responses....
I just got a BYB so ticked of the other day because she couldn't answer any valid questions that I asked, she blew up and told me I thought I was God ...yatta yatta yatta...and showed her ignorance to the world....needless to say she NEVER answered any of my questions...and she was removed from the board :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

quavec
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Resorted to name calling did she? :lol:

catstamm
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM

the following ways.

every way.

don't.

I'd die to know what the average level of education these people have:scratch:
And I would take it they aren't christians.....God created land animals and man on the 6th day....

catstamm
02-22-2007, 10:39 PM
BTW....I don't see them being shut down....
United States of America.....
Bill of Rights
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

SOOOOO what's left, you ask? We have freedom of speech tooooo Hehehe

Rileybugg
02-22-2007, 10:53 PM
OK how do you sign up with a fake name? What really scares me is how many messages they have. How many actual members are there?

Alex's Mom
02-23-2007, 08:24 AM

the following ways.

every way.

don't.

This has the same ring to it as those that deny the Holocaust ever happened...there's a very very fine line between freedom of speech and spewing hatred :sosad: But because it's animals they're talking about, of course saying that would get me looked at very oddly by many, I have no doubt :mad2: I particularly like the last line..."almost all of the general population has been affected." :rotfl: Idiots!!!

dachiehome
02-23-2007, 09:29 AM
hi all i am wondering if we should all post this to rescues we know, if we got 10 members from dlc in 1 day to fight them can you imagine the numbers we could get in a week if we tell everyone we know??? we can like catstamm said overpower them. cathy:duh:

Michelle
02-23-2007, 11:27 AM
OK how do you sign up with a fake name? What really scares me is how many messages they have. How many actual members are there?

Very easy, you just go to Yahoo and create a new email account using any ole name,, very easy, and still free,,, I have several accounts like this for when I go on craigslist and look to buy things, I never use my real email account when going on craigslist. I have several yahoo accounts, then after the new yahoo email account is created you go to groups on the main yahoo page, do a search for dogs anti rescue and their group will come up, you then click to join and just give them some bull*** story about why you want to join, easy as that, and then you can view all their messages

Otto'sMom
02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
This has the same ring to it as those that deny the Holocaust ever happened...there's a very very fine line between freedom of speech and spewing hatred :sosad: But because it's animals they're talking about, of course saying that would get me looked at very oddly by many, I have no doubt :mad2: I particularly like the last line..."almost all of the general population has been affected." :rotfl: Idiots!!!

I thought the exact same thing, and figured the group founder is just an attention whore. I'm going to ignore them and not even waste my time on acknowledging their existance.

doxiemommy3
02-23-2007, 01:47 PM
The pic of those kids looks so familer....ughhhh...I know I have seen this pic somewhere on the web besides this site...I believe it was a breeder...I am trying to remember who, and I am thinking it had to do with doxies...becasue I really do no look up any other dogs.....I have been racking my brain here for a few days now.

I just can not believe these people!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

dachiehome
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
guess i got told? imagine if isaid what i wanted to say. my e mails are showing up as stella:angel7:

doxiemommy3
02-23-2007, 07:46 PM
They have 184 members, and their stuff really is a buch of stupid stuff....such as eating eggs does not make them a animal abuser. Also about some woman who stole funds for some animal rescue...nothing wrong with that...they really do not talk about anything..well yet anyways..I joined and I find it to be rather boring...But they do seem to have something agaisnt furkids

http://dogmuse.blogspot.com/2006/08/furkids-agh-stop-it.html

I have furkids and I love them!! So :P on them.

Kerie
02-24-2007, 03:12 AM
Ok, I didn't read this entire thread, so forgive me if someone said this already......

1. I'm thankful that this person wrote such a long description of the group. They said enough to show themselves for the morons that they are.

2. Did anyone else notice that the person suggested that there is no overpopulation, then in the next breath says, "even 99%castrated does not reduce populations. 1% uncastrated equals 100% pregnant." Did they not just admit that there are too many litters, right after saying that overpopulation is not a problem??

3. And in response to this question: "Do you really believe that your child is no better than a cockroach?" Well I do not want to start a debate about the hierarchy of living things but is this person telling me that my dachshund should have the same value to me as a cockroach?????

And some more commentary from me: You all know that I thought long and hard before neutering Oscar and I did not have it done as quickly as an active rescuer would (not nearly as quickly). But I would never, in a million years, go online and defame rescuers. I knew that rescuers would not agree with me for delaying neutering, but I believed in what rescuers do and I had no interest in encouraging other people to delay spaying or neutering. I know that there are rescuers who go to extremes and I do not know whether I support that or not (need to think about it). But there are far less of those "extreme rescuers" than there are of the puppy millers and BYBs.

And besides: Oscar is adorable without his "ballies." My crazy sister used to get so grossed out by them anyway!!!

michelehbc
02-24-2007, 03:23 AM
BUT I HAD TO!
In order to get in the group you have to send a message as to WHY you want in. Sooo I put that I was a dachshund breeder who really related to the subject, SO they sent me lots of propoganda that I could not stomach, so I sent them this:

Hi! I really DON'T relate to the topic- I actually support the RESCUE of dachshunds.Just wanted to see how you justified your stance. Not very well is the answer that I have come away with. Pretty much just greed and
twisted morals- Oh well. I'm done here. Bye now. (I said it wasn't very mature- OKAY? :rotfl:)

and I quit the group

he sent back THIS in my email

betterway404 <betterway404@yahoo.com> wrote:

You talk about MY morals, yet you identify yourself with a group of
people who are considered our most dangerous domestic terrorist group

Soooo.. I sent him this:

awwwww... You want to argue! Thanks, but No thanks! I don't NEED to argue.I will just continue to care for and support the adoption of needy dogs (that puppy mills produce....), and you keep hating people who love animals, and think that they are more than dollar signs, okay?
Love,
Michele and the Furkids!

I am such a booger. :rotfl:

p.s. Cat, all this has reminded me how much I :hearts: you for what you do!

dachiehome
02-24-2007, 09:30 AM
hi ho guess i got to quit, before they put a bounty on me. and ruin the good name stella. they have nothing to say they repeat ther selves as if working off a script.:

lotsadox
02-24-2007, 11:40 AM
[COLOR="magenta"]You talk about MY morals, yet you identify yourself with a group of
people who are considered our most dangerous domestic terrorist group

So rescuers are considered our most dangerous domestic terrorist group, huh? :scratch: If dogs are so much lower than humans how is rescuing endangering humans? I suppose that the dogs are going to take over soon and run the world! In my opinion that would probably be a big improvement. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Otto'sMom
02-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I suppose that the dogs are going to take over soon and run the world! In my opinion that would probably be a big improvement.

You mean dogs don't rule the world? I have it on good authority that Otto is King of All He Sees, and the cats have claimed things above ankle level.

Lee Anne
02-24-2007, 11:45 AM
*sigh* The bottom line is that there will always be extreme haters - there is nothing you can do about them except point to them and say to your kids, "Those are the kind of people that cause 99% of the suffering in this world. Don't EVER support a group like that or listen to what they have to say. Treat others (including creatures that we've been given charge over!) with kindness, compassion, and respect, and you'll never go wrong."

As long as humans walk this earth, there'll be the KKK, the Natzis, the gangs, and the terrorists. Fortunately, like they say in their own propaganda, most of us have been affected by the idea that animals deserve love and kindness and shouldn't be treated like a pair of socks for sale. I firmly believe it's MY job to continue to infect people with that way of thinking! I'm up for the task!:cheer2: