PDA

View Full Version : I'll soon have some Oscar items in scrapbook

Kerie
01-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I love to make scrapbooks and I just joined a scrapbooking website. The site is really cool and members can opt to do assigned projects every month, just for fun and inspiration. This month, one of the ideas is to make and show everyone a scrapbook layout that is inspired by a TV commercial.

Well, I thought and thought and I really wanted to do something related to Oscar. I was gonna do something with the kibbles and bits commercials because even though Oscar rarely gets kibbles n bits, when it is time to eat, the way he runs for the bowl is just like those commercials.

And I kept thinking that it was not exactly the right idea.

Suddenly it hit me and I had to wonder why it took a few days to come up with this idea. It'll be so easy and appropriate. I'll make a scrapbook page of Oscar, based on the Oscar Mayer Wiener ads!!!!! The obvious solution!

I figure that most of the page will be red and yellow and I may try to find something with the Oscar Mayer logo. I may use a cartoon bubble over a photo of Oscar to make it look like he is singing the song. I may also search for a stencil to cut paper to look like a hot dog.

Can you give me more ideas for how to lay out this page? I don't do super sophsticated scrapbooking, and even if you've never done it, you may be able to help me. I'll post pictures if it looks half decent.

Patt
01-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Sorry I can't help, I have zero creativity. :faint: We do have very talented members and I'm sure they will be able to help you. I'll be looking forward to your scrapbook of Oscar.

Lisa
01-06-2006, 05:40 PM
No ideas coming to me me, but I LOVE the ones you have come up with!! That sounds like so much fun. :boogie: :banana: :boogie:

You have to show up the finished product.

Kerie
01-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I would have done a "bobo" layout, based on the PetSmart commercials, but Oscar does not have a Bobo.

One lady on the site posted her "based on a commercial" layout. It was all photos of her baby playing with the cell phone and the title on the page was, "can you hear me now?" just like the cellular commercials.

I'll post my page as long as you all understand, I don't make them perfect. Some people measure out everything on the page and crop their pictures perfectly but I just do what I think looks nice! I have made some good pages, though!

Lisa
01-06-2006, 05:51 PM
It's not about perfection, it's about FUN, and yours will ROCK! :perfect10

It's going to have pictures of Oscar, it's going to be the best one.

Kerie
01-06-2006, 05:53 PM
It's not about perfection, it's about FUN, and yours will ROCK! :perfect10

It's going to have pictures of Oscar, it's going to be the best one.

Thanks....I've resisted the pressure to make my pages so neat and perfect. At work I have to do things like make sure the margins are correct on my paperwork. This is my recreation and I always want it to feel that way!

Mama S.
01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Perfect doesn't always show the meaning behind the page. And as I've never seen a perfect Oscar - ours sure isn't :rotfl: I'mpositive that your page will be exactly the way it needs to be!
Sandi