PDA

View Full Version : Dachshund on Animal Precinct...

Tex
02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
...on Animal Planet. They must have been doing a show where they re-cap past stories.....there was an adorable red mini who the owner had hit in the head (in the right eye area with a hammer!!!!! The owner was trying to make the pup vicious!!! The pup's name is Pepperoni. The dog recovered and was adopted by someone who works in the animal hospital/SPCA and has a dapple doxie. I think he lost sight in his right eye......
The man was arrested, and convicted of animal cruelty. I am so thankful that there are people in this world in the business of animal law enforcement that are there to make sure that mean, stupid people pay for what they do to animals!!!!!!!! (I'm still sitting here in tears after seeing this little guy.....:sosad: ). Atleast this story had a happy ending....

Jen
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Yes, that was here in lovely NYC. Pepperoni had a new home with a woman with another doxie and they were living by the water--City Island in the Bronx maybe. But the type of person who would try to make a doxie mean? Leave me in a room with 'em....

lotsadox
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I remember that one. It was :sosad:

doxiemommy3
02-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I remeber that one..I cried so bad when I saw it. I wanted to jump through the TV and strangle someone. Pretty much all of the stories on those shows I want to just strangle.

K2
02-22-2007, 08:20 PM
I saw that one, too. :sosad: I try not to watch those shows~they upset me too much.

doxyzoo
02-22-2007, 08:34 PM
That is why I had such a hard time watching shows about the animals left behind (and still running wild) in New Orleans after Katrina. Boy, there wasn't enough depression meds in the world to get me through one of those shows!

Otto'sMom
02-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I watch them to remind me why I hate people so very very much. (Like I need reminding HA!)

michelehbc
02-22-2007, 08:46 PM
wow. Thought Process (or lack thereof):

"I want a mean dog!"
"I'll get a miniature dachsund"
"Hmm...it's not mean- it's very sweet and roly poly and cute"
"Guess I'll hit it in the head with a hammer"
:scratch: