PDA

View Full Version : Snooter

Goob
01-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Won't walk across the kitchen with the new tiles. She gets half way, then turns around and RUNS into her crate. :confused: Even if I stand with a loaf of cheese on the other side, she's not interested. :scratch: Any advice? Maybe Mary will know!

Linus
01-07-2006, 09:07 PM
My guess is that its just new. Maybe she can smell the glue underneath the tiles and doesn't like it, or something like that. Just give her time.

alfina
01-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I am sure an accident or two on the new tile will solve the problem.:rotfl:

Goob
01-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I am sure an accident or two on the new tile will solve the problem.:rotfl:

Oh hell, I know you're right on that one! :rotfl:

Patt
01-07-2006, 10:14 PM
New experiences can be frightening but they don't have to be. I would continue to do things as normal and eventually she will learn she has nothing to be afraid of. Don't bother coaxing her just act natural and she will pick up her Q's from you. Be calm and assertive to show you are the leader and there is nothing to be afraid of. Good luck.

jenfer
01-07-2006, 11:58 PM
little steps. i am think just lure her a couple steps at a time. *eventually* she will go in there. is the prof going in there?

Tanya
01-08-2006, 12:05 AM
I agree...just act normal. If that doesn't really work, you can do fun things with the professor on the tile. She'll eventually get jealous and join in the fun!

Peaches hates any type of change so we deal with stuff like this all the time!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-08-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm sure the professor will analyze what the problem is.

Fluffy
01-08-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm sure that she will come around eventually! Change like that is strange to a dog...she was so used to the old flooring that the new one is unusual and scary to her. I agree with Patt, act natural...no extra coaxing. She will eventually see there is nothing to be afraid of, especially if the Prof has no problems w/ the new floor. Good luck!

Jen
01-08-2006, 05:37 PM
I know a lot of doxies don't like cold tile. Yes, play with the prof there, sprinkle some fave toys about, drop a piece of cheese or hot dog, and just pretend all is normal. She'll come around.