PDA

View Full Version : Did we just forget all about potty training?

Jacqueline
01-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Taffy has decided that going #2 inside is okay by her. :mad: Guess who it isn't okay by!!

This weekend she seems to have forgotten all about being potty trained for that....forget that she has been taken outside no end of times, and does go wet out there.

It's back to being crated. Bed and couch privleges are gone until this behavior goes. Any suggestions?

Courtney
01-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I think your strategy is good. How old is Taffy again? I know my boy was always very good but not really reliable until after he was a year old. Good luck!

Jacqueline
01-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Taffy just turned a year in December. I have had her for a little over two months now. Potty training was going very well. She went to the door when she needed to go out - still does, but all of a sudden this weekend....she is going inside.

One occassion, she went right in front of a mechanical/musical snowman that is in our Christmas room. Since she had to deliberately back up to him, I thought it was a personal vendetta, but she has kept up this behavior over the weekend.

I don't know what has made her start doing this, because potty training was the easier issue we have dealt with since we brought her home.

Courtney
01-09-2006, 02:32 AM
Is there any reason you can think of for it? Has anything changed? Any stress? Any new food or anything? I hope you can figure it out!

Patt
01-09-2006, 03:20 AM
I agree I'll bet it is some little thing, possibly off her routine. Since you've only had her a couple of months it's a good idea to go back to house training 101 again. Good luck!

Jacqueline
01-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I made the poor baby sleep in her crate last night, and stay there during the day while I was on the computer. She was not given an opportunity to have accidents (or on purposes, if that was the case) in the house.

She's been outside often today, and we even all went out and chased each other until we were exhausted. We also chased the fish all over the house....the fish is her favorite toy.

Daddy had the nerve :rotfl: to suggest that her bedding was just a tad stinky, so we are washing that right now. Frankly, I think she is a tad stinky too, but it's too chilly to wash her. Hopefully it will warm up tomorrow.

She's not happy about sleeping overnight in the crate, but since she is cuddled up next to my leg as I type on my laptop:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: ....I think she will survive.

Gee, just when you get all the kids grown and out on their own....potty 101

Mama S.
01-12-2006, 04:59 PM
One occassion, she went right in front of a mechanical/musical snowman that is in our Christmas room. Since she had to deliberately back up to him, I thought it was a personal vendetta,

Uh oh - No Christmas in July for the Snowman pooper:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sandi