PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned Dog

Lindy Myers
03-19-2007, 03:50 PM
:sosad: I was called this past Saturday about a dog that had been abandoned by it's owners where I used to rent a house. So of course I went over there with camera in hand and met my old neighbors and met this wonderful lab mix. Poor thing was tied to a post in the yard, the dog house was way to small, ( It was the size for our little doxies, small) The owner dumped a bag of food behind the dog house and no water. From what I was told it had been like this for 10 plus days. The food was ruined by rain. The dog was drinking standing water out of an old truck bed liner that had debre in it and other things that I will not mention. 3 neighbors had been trying to care for this dog. Bless there hearts. One of them finally called the local police and reported it. They came out and told the neighbor to give the dog proper water and such. The other neighbor that called me was wanting to build it a shelter of some sort. The animal control came out the day after the police did and told them not to feed, water, shelter the dog in anyway. They needed to follow procedure so they can charge the owner or take the dog. Telling this to the neighbors broke there hearts because they are all animal lovers. The dog has not been feed, watered, or sheltered since Saturday when I saw him. Saturday night I contacted the local new company who does Problem Solvers for our area. What a great thing. They contacted me today and wanted to interview me, they went out to film and take pictures of the dog also and also called the animal control who informed him that they would be going out this evening to have the owners in question to sign him over to them. If the owners are not there well it may take longer to get this dog off of the property. Hopefully not that long. I was interviewed here at work on my break telling the story of the neighbors and how I got involved and why I called the news company. :appl: :appl: :appl: I am an animal lover of all kinds and I just could not stand by not knowing the outcome of this dog who was wanting some one to care for him and to love him. I told the community where I live via the news that I would love to have someone adopt this dog because he is a wonderful dog. Saturday, when I went over I played with the dog, took pictures and everything and posted them on local sites via the interenet. People make me mad when they leave there dogs tied up with no means of food, water and proper shelter. Today I am happy and I am doing the :banana: :banana: because I think that I helped the neighbors to save this dog from dying by their dumb owners.

Jen
03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Good for you for contacting the media! I know animal control has procedures to follow up if its been there 10 days already is seems cruel to leave it there.

LexieLuvr
03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
:appl: :appl: :appl: You did the right thing - thank you!! I would have done the same.

Patt
03-19-2007, 10:20 PM
What a sad story. Thank you for stepping up to help this sweet dog. With all the publicity, I'm sure there will be plently of people wanting to adopt him. I think I would have snuck over at night to feed and water the dog. I hope they are able to file charges against the guardians and have them do jail time along with a huge fine.

Good job Lindy and thank you for being his guardian :angel: . :appl: :appl:

Otto'sMom
03-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Thank you for stepping up and doing something. :appl:

Alex's Mom
03-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Well done you!! :appl::appl::appl: If more people were like you and got involved, this'd be a lot happier world!!! :hug99::hug99::angel7:

LUVMYGUNNER
03-20-2007, 10:19 AM
That is awesome news.:appl:

Lindy Myers
03-20-2007, 11:52 AM
:banana: Well, I watched myself on tv last night and it was a good view. They talked about the length of time that animal control has to be involved and what they can and can not do with the grey areas. They found the owners who told them that they were planning on sending the dog this weekend to the pound because of where they are moving they could not take him. Bull S&*#. Anyway, the animal control officer said that they would be signing the waiver to give the dog up last night. I am planning on calling the pound to see if the dog made it and how he is doing.
:shocked: My husband on the other hand told me that I stuck my nose in where it did not belong and I told him that I was not going to listen because it did not involve him just the dog. I did not tell my husband anything because when I went over Saturday he gave me greif about it and I figured the less he new the better. :rotfl: :rotfl: My husband is old fashion back in the hills people who believe that you stay to yourself and do not bring attention to the family. go figure. I'm happy to say I am not like that.
By the way the dogs name is Brutus. He is no Brute that is for sure. I am planning to following up with this and see who adopts the dog. I think it would make a good piece for future use.

LexieLuvr
03-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Lindy, good for you! My S.O. is one of those "don't get involved" people, too - I just ignore him and do what I think is right. GOOD FOR YOU!!! Please do follow up, and let us know what happens to the poor abandoned dog. (People will say anything when they're caught!)

Lindy Myers
03-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Lindy, good for you! My S.O. is one of those "don't get involved" people, too - I just ignore him and do what I think is right. GOOD FOR YOU!!! Please do follow up, and let us know what happens to the poor abandoned dog. (People will say anything when they're caught!)

Sure thing, I plan on following up because I really want to make sure that he has a great home. People do say anything when they know they are in the wrong. People do amaze me some times.

LUVMYGUNNER
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Here are rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that he finds a great home.

LexieLuvr
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Sure thing, I plan on following up because I really want to make sure that he has a great home. People do say anything when they know they are in the wrong. People do amaze me some times.

THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING UP!! :hearts: :hug99: