PDA

View Full Version : Fromm Food

lala25
03-23-2007, 02:06 PM
So I switched Bruno's food to a brand called Fromm with Salmon...has anyone ever heard of this brand? A lady I met who owns a doxie that has allergies like Bruno does recommended this food because it's all natural and salmon is supposed to help with his skin coat. I hope this helps Bruno with his itchy eyes and skin. I also switched his treats to wheat and corn free all natural treats. So far he loves the new food and treats which is great!

Jen
03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
I googled it and here are the ingredients:

INGREDIENTS: Salmon, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Sweet Potato, Oatmeal, While Dried Egg, Millet, Dried Tomato Pomace, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Oat Hulls, Cheese, Flaxseed, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Apples, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Monosodium Phosphate, Calcium Sulfate, Cranberries, Blueberries, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Chicory Root Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Alfalfa Sprouts, Yucca Schidigera, Folic Acid, Whole Clove Garlic, Parsley, Chondroitin Sulfate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Salivarius, Enterococcous Faecium, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12 Supplements, Choline Chloride, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sorbic Acid, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Protein: 24% min.
Fat: 16% min.
Fiber: 3.5% max
Moisture: 10% max

I've not heard of the brand but it looks pretty good. There are stickies at the top of the got food forum with links to Dogaware and another site to rate your dogs food.

But getting corn and wheat out of Bruno's diet may help. Tasha had itchies and frequent bile barfies when she was on a food with wheat and corn.

Courtney
03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Yep, it is on the Whole Dog Journal's list of best foods!

The ingredients look great!

Salmon À La Veg
FOR DOGS

A delectable fusion of fresh wild salmon & rice with cheese, cauliflower, blueberries & parsley.

* Fresh Wild Salmon
* Cartilage Rich in Natural Glucosamine
* Real Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese
* Prebiotics & Probiotics to Aid Digestion
* Optimum Omega Fatty Acids Ratio

Ingredients:
Salmon, Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Sweet Potato, Pearled Barley, Potato, Oatmeal, White Rice, Whole Dried Egg, Salmon Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Millet, Dried Tomato Pomace, Safflower Oil, Cheese, Flaxseed, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Apples, Lecithin, Chicken Cartilage, Potassium Chloride, Monosodium Phosphate, Calcium Sulfate, Cranberries, Blueberries, Salt, Monocalcium Phosphate, Chicory Root Extract, Alfalfa Sprouts, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Folic Acid, Parsley, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcous Faecium, Vitamin A, D3, E, B12 Supplements, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Sorbic Acid, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite.

Jen
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Tasha loves fish. I may consider alternating this with Evo to give her more variety in the meat protein.

Patt
03-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Yep, it is on the Whole Dog Journal's list of best foods!

The ingredients look great!
Thanks, I couldn't remember where I read about it.

I love that first pic of Bruno. :hearts: :heart::hearts:

lotsadox
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I fed Fromm's Duck and Lamb to Scooter for several months and he did really well on it. It's a high quality kibble and I think it's a good choice. JMHO