View Full Version : Are there any dog treats on the "bad list"

Kerie
03-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I figure that we should check all of the little bags of treats that we buy (big bags for some of you w/ multiple dogs or bigger breeds than dachsies). I don't think I have any that are the same brand as the recalled food. Does anyone know if there were any treats affected? And if there are supposedly no treats affected, would you still get rid of anything in those brands? I probably would.

Patt
03-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know if there were any treats affected? And if there are supposedly no treats affected, would you still get rid of anything in those brands? I probably would.

I believe it's only gravy type foods in cans and pouches, no treats. :scratch:

And if there are supposedly no treats affected, would you still get rid of anything in those brands? I probably would.

I always go by "When it doubt throw it out".

dachiehome
03-26-2007, 09:25 AM
i like that when in doubt through it out i am using cubed cheese, apple, carrot broclie etc for treats my guyes love it. after reading the truth of the ingredience of our dogs foods prepared products will never touch my babies lips again. cathy:appl:

LexieLuvr
03-26-2007, 12:54 PM
No broccoli for puppers - that's not a good thing for them.

Kerie
03-26-2007, 03:42 PM
This sure is a difficult time for pet owners. Last night I spent 20 minutes petting Oscar and telling him what is happening and what I am doing to protect him. I know I am crazy but I bet there are some people here who have also explained this to their babies.

LexieLuvr
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
This sure is a difficult time for pet owners. Last night I spent 20 minutes petting Oscar and telling him what is happening and what I am doing to protect him. I know I am crazy but I bet there are some people here who have also explained this to their babies.
You're not crazy - I talk to mine like they understand me, quite often. And quite often, I believe they DO understand me!

Patt
03-26-2007, 04:07 PM
No broccoli for puppers - that's not a good thing for them.
Please give me the site that lists broccoli on the toxic list. I've read that is okay.
I feed it in moderation with no problems.

ebmw1975
03-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Ditto for me, I am interested as mine are fine with it and I feed it in moderation too as with all food and treats.

Rileybugg
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
I have never had any problem with broccoli and have read that it is good for dogs. Why is it now bad?

LexieLuvr
03-28-2007, 12:38 PM
I have never had any problem with broccoli and have read that it is good for dogs. Why is it now bad?
I read somewhere - I don't recall where, and it may have been inaccurate - but I read that it created gassy issues with dogs. Mine love it, too.

Jacqueline
03-29-2007, 03:42 AM
I read somewhere - I don't recall where, and it may have been inaccurate - but I read that it created gassy issues with dogs. Mine love it, too.

Well, doggies aren't the only ones it creates gas issues with, lol, but if we give up everything that does that........

Taffy used to be the queen of silent but deadly until I took them off of canned food (and I was lucky that what I was giving them has never been on a recall list) and put them on kibble. No broccoli involved.

areese
03-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Please give me the site that lists broccoli on the toxic list. I've read that is okay.
I feed it in moderation with no problems.

There is evidence that broccoli fed in large amounts to cattle is dangerous. NO problems found with dogs. I dunno about the gas thing though :)