PDA

View Full Version : Dolly's Treat At the Dogpark

Otto'sMom
01-09-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't know if it's the Coonhound in her, but sometimes, Dolly feels the need to hide her treats if she doesn't IMMEDIATELY want it. At home, she'll take the milkbone outside and hide it behind the airconditioner, feeling quite proud of herself at hiding it so well, comes and gets me and shows me how well she hid it and then takes it back inside, dirt encrusted to enjoy.

Today at the dog park, a little boy had Snaps, the little square dog treats. He gave Dolly one and she walked around with it in her mouth for a while and looked for an appropriate place that the other 20 dogs there wouldn't find it. She chose one of the post holes where it looks like some rodent or snake has made a home out of, pre dug for her convenience. Another dog comes to see what's up. Dolly decides now is the time to get and enjoy her treat. Seems Dolly's coonhound nose isn't quite designed to reach down that narrow little hole to retreive that little square of doggie goodness.

What's a girl to do?

She tries digging it out, to no avail. There's clearly only one thing left to do.

BARK.....BARK......BARK....at the darn pole hole. BARK.....BARK.....BARK....CURSE THAT POLE HOLE!!!!

Gaining my attention, I saunter over to see what the pole has done to offend her so. I'm digging through dead grass and soft dirt and see nothing at first. Remembering that she did have a treat and her habit of saving it for later, I dug a little deeper and Lo and Behold! It was her SNAP snack! Reunited with her treat, she happily munched away and ran off, happily ever after.

Yolanda
01-09-2006, 07:50 PM
You jsut got to love them.!!!!!!!

Linus
01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
:rotfl: That's a great story!!! Too cute, Dolly :hearts:

mydachsies
01-09-2006, 09:07 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: So funny cause just today I watched my pack digging up my plants and sure enough they had a milk bone in their mouth that they hid. I was like :scratch: .

lotsadox
01-09-2006, 09:19 PM
To funny, Dolly! :rotfl: Cash will take a treat out in the yard and dig a hole and hide it, but then he sits on top of it so no one else can get it! Silly boy! :banana:

JanUet
01-09-2006, 11:21 PM
That is a Great Story! YOU GO DOLLY! :banana:

Casey hides his treats behind my curtains. My curtains are sheers! He is so proud of himself for hiding it. Sophie just saunters over and grabs it and eats it. Casey Looks at me as If to say "WTF?" :shocked:

MomToDolly&Madison
01-10-2006, 12:21 AM
The Other Dolly here: Next time you need a place to hide yer tweet, I'll happily hold it in my mouth for you, okay?:rotfl:

Nancy
01-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Good job Dolly!

Michelle
01-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh that is such a cute story, I could almost picture it in my mind,,

Princess loves to hid her treats, the other night I whipped out two brand new achilles tendons and her and Heidi were going wild until I made them sit down and be patient until I gave them each one. Heidi ran off on the foot stool and started munching on hers right away but princess ran off into their crate and proceeded to bury hers under their blankies, then she promptly tottered over to Heidi and tried to take Heidi's tendon right out of her mouth :rotfl:

I was flabbergasted!!!!, and I scolded Princess and told her to go and get her own, and you know, I think she understood what I said, cause she slunked back to the crate and dug hers up from under the blankies and stayed in the crate while she was munching on it,

quavec
01-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Cute cute story! I can see it all unfold in my mind. Silly girl!