PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

areese
04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that with feeding raw chicken, salmonella isn't a problem with dogs??? Or did I make that up?

Patt
04-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I have no clue I don't feed raw. I'm sure Courtney will be able to answer your question.

catstamm
04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Ceck out www.dogaware.com
Tons of raw info..... and the answer to your question is yes I believe

Courtney
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Salmonella is not a problem for dogs and in fact your dogs shed it anyway.

http://rawfed.com/myths/bacteria.html

areese
04-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Salmonella is not a problem for dogs and in fact your dogs shed it anyway.

http://rawfed.com/myths/bacteria.html

Ok... the reason I was confirming that was some of the recalls....why is a big deal that some pig ears and other chews/treats have been found with salmonella? I can understand them saying make sure to wash your hands or whatever after handling the chews but they are saying it will make dogs sick.

Jen
04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
I thought that was odd too. Perhaps the recall is more for the humans in case someone didn't wash up after?

lotsadox
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
It might make dogs that are predisposed to digestive problems or dogs with compromised immune systems sick, but shouldn't be a problem for normal, healthy dogs. My dogs have been known to eat things that have laid on the ground for days if I don't stop them in time. :rolleyes:

I've never had anything except minor problems and I feed mine raw beef ribs, chicken, ground beef and turkey and for over 10 years now. They love it! :hearts:

LexieLuvr
04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I give each of mine a raw egg usually 2x a week - they LOVE them! I hope it won't hurt them!!

oceangirls
04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I give each of mine a raw egg usually 2x a week - they LOVE them! I hope it won't hurt them!!

Mine get raw egg periodically (or parts of raw egg depending what I need for cooking) and they love it :liplick: