PDA

View Full Version : The story behind the recall.. Update...

Patt
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
One persons thoughts anyways..

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2007/04/03/petscol.DTL

areese
04-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Good article. I had heard about Rosie's very stupid comments. She obviously didn't know what she was talking about....and it totally changed my opinion of her.

Tex
04-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I think this is a very interesting article. Thank you for posting the link!

Wonder who we have to contact to get something like an FDA for pets........ya'll know what I mean.

Tanya
04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the article, Patt.

I hadn't heard about Rosie's comments, but it doesn't surprise me. I absolutely can't stand her. It seems like she is using her spot on The View to get publicity by saying moronic things.

Patt
04-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I don't know if you guys are still interested, but I found this very interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/

Thursday, April 05, 2007
On the toxic pet food story....
Our correspondent Joe Johns and his team are breaking some news on the pet food scandal:

Most of us had been assuming that somewhere along the supply-chain the wheat gluten that goes into pet food was accidentally contaminated by the chemical melamine. Testing is still underway, but toxicologists suspect that the crystals containing melamine and found in animals' kidneys is making them ill or killing them.

The phrase to focus on here is "accidentally contaminated." The FDA now tells us it's investigating whether or not the contamination was intentional -- and profit-motivated.

Here's why:

The FDA says it's possible that melamine can be used to raise protein levels in wheat gluten. Higher protein levels make the wheat gluten more valuable. So, based on his conversation with the FDA, here's what Joe is looking at tonight: Was this all about money?

All the companies -- including the Chinese company that the FDA says distributed the tainted gluten, the Xuzhou Anying Biologic Development Co. -- have denied adding melamine to the wheat gluten in the pet food.

Here's another thing:

The FDA has now received more than 12,000 complaints about contaminated pet food. That's more than the total number of complaints the FDA had received over the past two years.
Posted By David Doss, "360" Executive Producer: 7:39 PM ET

Jen
04-07-2007, 09:05 AM
The raw food movement needs to jump in here! I wonder if we'll see more people feeding raw or homemade diets...

Kerie
04-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Oooh, I did not know about what Rosie said. I used to defend her to so many people who hate her. What she said this time is terrible. Does she think that we can't have room in our hearts for both our troops and our pets?