PDA

View Full Version : Agilty Triumph...The Owen Weenie Story (ribbon pic added)

areese
04-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, Owen Weenie had some major agility achievments this weekend. He's had better weekends as far qualifying runs go, but he OVERCAME his fear of BOTH the teeter and the A-frame. Not that he has a problem in general with those obstacles but he doesn't like the particular ones at this facility (teeter tips too late then slams down hard...a LOT of dogs fly off it..although it seemed better this weekend-maybe they adjusted it). He just confidently CHARGED up the A-frame!! He really needs to approach it confidently cuz it IS a difficult obstacle, physically. He qualified in 4 of the 6 runs he did this weekend, all 1st places. He ran very fast-getting to the ends of tunnels before I could even get there! He was happy happy happy with his tail going like crazy the whole time he runs (at least 5 people came up to me and commented on that fact LOL). My knee is so good I forgot about it totally when running and I think that WAS what was bothering him last time; the fact I wasn't totally mentally with him cuz I was worried about my knee.
A man I don't know came up to me and said I love watching you run all your dogs because they are so HAPPY running and having such a good time. That made me feel really good :)

Alex's Mom
04-08-2007, 10:32 AM
There's nothing like seeing people and animals who are just thrilled to be doing something with each other. We're just SO proud of you, Amy, and the Weens (and bug, of course!!!!!). I REALLY wish I could come and see you run someday. :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Otto'sMom
04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Amy, your pups would have the biggest cheering section at trials:cheer2: It really is great when other people can see how happy your puppers are when they run. Way to go big O!!:cheer2:

Tex
04-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Der Owen Weenie,

Yous hab always been a winner in my book. Congwats on yours big weekend! I is so pwoud ofs you!!!!

All mys lub,
:hearts: Jewlie

areese
04-08-2007, 02:39 PM
There's nothing like seeing people and animals who are just thrilled to be doing something with each other. We're just SO proud of you, Amy, and the Weens (and bug, of course!!!!!). I REALLY wish I could come and see you run someday. :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Gosh I wish you could too....wouldn't that be awesome!!????

areese
04-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Der Owen Weenie,

Yous hab always been a winner in my book. Congwats on yours big weekend! I is so pwoud ofs you!!!!

All mys lub,
:hearts: Jewlie

Deer Julie,
Dank you bery much.
I sink you should come and bisit and come see me wun and jump. I jump bery high so I do not bang my peenie. Except for sometimes...I see dat tunnel and boy to I lub to run in dose so I did bump my peenie into one jump. I wuz habing so much fun I eben barked at my mommy while I ran. Dat was silly.
Dat Salsabug-ting sinks she can do agility but dust wait until she is in lebel FIVE. Yeah right...dat will neber happen. Any wimpy baby dog can do lebel ONE.
I wood show you all my fwiends dere. Dey give you tweats allda time. It's bery cool.
I will tell my mommy you are coming soon. I will let you sleep in my bed, too.
lub,
Owen Weenie

Tex
04-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Deer Julie,
Dank you bery much.
I sink you should come and bisit and come see me wun and jump. I jump bery high so I do not bang my peenie. Except for sometimes...I see dat tunnel and boy to I lub to run in dose so I did bump my peenie into one jump. I wuz habing so much fun I eben barked at my mommy while I ran. Dat was silly.
Dat Salsabug-ting sinks she can do agility but dust wait until she is in lebel FIVE. Yeah right...dat will neber happen. Any wimpy baby dog can do lebel ONE.
I wood show you all my fwiends dere. Dey give you tweats allda time. It's bery cool.
I will tell my mommy you are coming soon. I will let you sleep in my bed, too.
lub,
Owen Weenie

Der Owen Weenie,

I would WUB to come and bisit you, but I's hab to wait until alls da snow is gone. I's a Texas giwl and we's don't do snow!!! Too cold!!! I would wub to see you pweform in da 'gility!!!! I knows you is so fast!!! I's will bwing some tweats to shares wif you and your fwiends!!!

:hearts: Wub,
Jewlie

catstamm
04-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Woo Hoo Owen Weenie!!!!!! and mom your are amazing....

areese
04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Der Owen Weenie,

I would WUB to come and bisit you, but I's hab to wait until alls da snow is gone. I's a Texas giwl and we's don't do snow!!! Too cold!!! I would wub to see you pweform in da 'gility!!!! I knows you is so fast!!! I's will bwing some tweats to shares wif you and your fwiends!!!

:hearts: Wub,
Jewlie

Deer Jewlie,
Ok, when da snow is gone, come over. You get in da car and drive a weally long time, den I lib by da river and we gots a pond wiz fwogs in it. Lots ob twees...I pee on em. We gots a long dwiveway. Git your mommy to dwive you, ok?? We will make dat Salsa ting sweep in da cage an you can sweep in my bed wiv me, ok?
ok.
lub,
Owen Weenie

oceangirls
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Way to go, Owen and Mom!!! That's great!

LexieLuvr
04-09-2007, 03:05 PM
WaaaaaaHoooooooooo! Great story!!! Congrats to all! :appl: :appl: :appl:

lizzieb38
04-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Yahoo Owey!!! We are all so proud of you! You are a champion!!!!

Mama S.
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Owey :appl: :banana: :cheer2: Yeeaaa!!!! I reallly wish somebody had a camcorder and would video you running that happy run!! HINT HINT MOM!!!
Mama

areese
04-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Owey :appl: :banana: :cheer2: Yeeaaa!!!! I reallly wish somebody had a camcorder and would video you running that happy run!! HINT HINT MOM!!!
Mama

Yeah....I know. I HAVE a video camera but I don't take it and don't even remember how to use it. Some people are always asking people to tape their runs and I HATE to do it (it's fairly chaotic at trials and then you gotta stand there waiting for them to run or you'll forget....or forget how their damn camera works or forget to take the lens cap off or something...stresses me out) so I prob. wouldn't ask anyone to do it for me anyway. My friend that has taped in the past runs quite soon after my dogs always so she has to be getting her dog ready (and man there will be someone YELLING your dogs name if you aren't up there in line LOL!) and can't usually tape Owen or Laika (Our dogs are all level 5 dogs and small so run close together)
Here's a link to a video of Owen...dunno if you have seen it or not... It's a while back...prob his 4th trial so I'm baby-sitting him a bit around the course I think but he's awfully cute..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2779904767313536066&q=agility+dachshund

areese
04-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Owey's 4 first places...Standard, Snooker, Jackpot, and Colors
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT0364.jpg

Tex
04-10-2007, 08:07 AM
OMdoG!!!! :shocked: If you have ever posted the link for that video before, I must have missed it!!!!! I will SO have to show this to Julie when I get home from work today!!!! You go Owen!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

areese
04-10-2007, 08:10 AM
We think he looks like a cartoon dog running...with that tail wagging and those EARS!!!

lotsadox
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Go, Owen!!! :dogwalk:

areese
04-12-2007, 08:25 AM
OMdoG!!!! :shocked: If you have ever posted the link for that video before, I must have missed it!!!!! I will SO have to show this to Julie when I get home from work today!!!! You go Owen!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Deer Jewie,
Did you see my video? Did you see me run so fast? Did you see my MUSCLES?????
Lub,
Owen Weenie