PDA

View Full Version : So worried about having teeth pulled

Courtney
01-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Po's still hanging on to his baby canines on top. It causes lots of gunk to build up plus I think it is preventing his adult canines from coming in all the way. He also has a rear dewclaw. All are coming out/off on Friday. I am terrified about the anesthesia. We've waited so long to have this done because of his health. Since he has been treated for his ehrlichia, he has been by all appearances healthy which in itself is a WONDERFUL thing since some of you might remember how sick he was and how often. The last day he was sick was February 21. So I am hoping he is a robust little man now and all will be fine, but I am still so paranoid! Po and I will need all the rays you can send on Friday!

lotsadox
01-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I'll start sending rayz today. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

I remember how sick poor Po was when you first got him. I remember feeling so bad and thinking "This poor little pup is probably not going to make it" and look at him now! It's so amazing what love and good nutrition can accomplish! :banana:

squirrel818
01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: For Po.

Lisa
01-10-2006, 01:40 PM
:wow3: :wow3: Courtney, I can't believe it has almost been a full year! He has come so far under your amazing care, to a gorgeous, healthy little :cutiepie2

Lots of rayz for his dental and dew claw removal. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Are they doing the preliminary blood work for him?

:bighug: He will be fine, but we will be waiting along with you for the good news that he is doing great. 'Po is like a member of our pack too. So funny how a little guy so far away can capture so much of your heart.

mydachsies
01-10-2006, 01:40 PM
sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: until it is all over with.Everything will be alright.

Rae
01-10-2006, 01:41 PM
worrywart... me too as you know. Fingers and paws crossed in KY for our Boy Po. He has already proven he is a pretty tough little nut! :bigrayz: :hearts:

Jen
01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Po!

I know anesthesia is always a worry, but he looks so fit and healthy with his raw diet and all of the exercise he gets, I'm sure he'll be fine. :bighug: for the worried mom!

Patt
01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Wishing only the best for PO, will start sending positive thoughts now! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Nancy
01-10-2006, 02:47 PM
lot's of :bigrayz: 's and a hug to you for being so strong! He's going to do just fine! :angel7:

jenfer
01-10-2006, 03:13 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Po and :bighug: for you.

Gigi had her baby teeth pulled too. We didn't (or I didn't) know she has 2 sets of teeth, so we didn't do it when she was spayed. But the surgery is relatively minor compared to her spay IMO.

Good luck!!!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-10-2006, 03:16 PM
He sounds like he is a healthy little guy now but here are some rays:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: anyway.

Michelle
01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm sending lots of ray today for PO!!!!:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

I am sure he will be just fine, we all tend to worry when the little ones need to be put under,,, but he is young and will be fine

quavec
01-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh, I remember when poor Po was sick! So glad he hasn't been that way for a while. I've got to get Cricket lined up for a dental soon. Hope all goes well!

Linus
01-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Lots and lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Po!!! I'll be thinking about both of you on Friday!

alfina
01-10-2006, 09:39 PM
I know how you feel, Courtney! Sofie is going to be a year off her antibiotics on March 3rd. I am still worried about her and every time she sneezes I go into a panic.

Po is a great pup and will do just fine. We all will be thinking about him on Friday.

oceangirls
01-10-2006, 11:25 PM
He seems so incredibly healthy now that I don't think you have a single thing to worry about! But I remember the problems he's had so of course I don't blame you for being a little worried. We are sending lots of rayz:rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: !!!!

Mama S.
01-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi honey! I can only imagine how you are feeling. We had Hershey's baby canines pulled about a year ago when it was evident that they weren't going to fall out and they were causing decay issues withe the permanent ones. He is young, healthy and ho issues so his was a breeze, he was his normal trojan horse when he got home!
MAJOR MAJOR :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and hour Po! Will await updates!
Sandi

Rae
01-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey Courtney and Po- just sending "easy time of it" :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the teef pulling visit to da woom a doom. I am sure the white coats will be glad to see you since you are such a good sweet boy.

:bighug: to mama. Please let us know how it goes.

Lisa
01-13-2006, 10:16 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for are little Napoleon today! We are thinking of him. Please let us know when you know. :bighug:

Mama S.
01-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Will be watching the clock waiting on an update!! Everything will be fine! Just let us know!
Sandi

HotDogMama
01-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi Courtney! I know I am late, but I just wanted to throw my :bigrayz: :bigrayz: 's in, and let you know I will be thinking about you guys today. I don't know much about Po's past, but I hope to one day. But I do know that you have done everything in your power to make him what he is today, and you are a great mom for being so worried!!! :hug99: I hope to hear good news soon!!

Frzframe
01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Having your teeth cleaned and baby ones pulled is no fun. I had Mitzi's teeth cleaned last year and she was not a happy camper when she came home. I felt so bad for her. But the next day she was doing better and her breath didn't knock me to my knees any longer. :)

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:'s for Po on their way.

Courtney
01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Well I cried like a baby when I left him this morning!! And just now the vet called and said his BUN is a little elevated. It is 32 when the normal max is 27. I am not worried because I have read raw-fed dogs do show higher BUN levels, plus, it is not that high. With his history though I guess you can never be too careful. Of course NOW I am worried because the vet says she is going to do the anesthesia differently -- just mask him down -- and that terrifies me because I had read that was risky. I did mention this to her. I do trust her though and after all she is the vet and not me. My little man is a fighter and he will be OK. But he could still use some rays!

JanUet
01-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Sending Mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Super fast for Po! :hearts:

He's a Fighter!

He will be okay Courtney! Really! :hug99:

Please keep us posted!

HotDogMama
01-13-2006, 11:05 AM
:bigrayz::rayz: :bigrayz::rayz: :bigrayz::rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz::bigrayz: :rayz: heres some more!!!

Lisa
01-13-2006, 11:51 AM
How long should the proceedure take Courtney? Will they call you as soon as it's done? Lots more rayz for the little guy. :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz:

:gphug1: to Mommy too.

Fluffy
01-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry I'm so late on this one!! MEGA :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for you and Po!! I'm sure he will be just fine! Keep us updated!!

Jen
01-13-2006, 12:09 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Po and :bighug: for worried Mom! I'm sure it will be fine, the Vet is a professional, but I know its hard not to worry.

We're eagerly awaiting an update!!

lotsadox
01-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Sending more rayz for Po and for you, Courtney. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I"m sure he will be fine, but I'm a worrier too. I know how you feel.

Patt
01-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Today is the day.... Sending lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: and positive thoughts for little Po. Please give us an update when you can. :hug99: :hug99:

Courtney
01-13-2006, 12:53 PM
I just talked to the vet and Po is awake and everything went well. The teeth are out and the dewclaw has been removed! She said he was sitting up but still groggy. Poor little man! I can pick him up after 3pm, yay!

Jen
01-13-2006, 01:13 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage:

Yay, Po is awake and all went well. You must be practically jumping up and down. Can you pick him up at 3 or do you have to work?

Courtney
01-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I am off work today!! I asked my boss if I could take my birthday holiday. Then I said that Po was going to be going under today for surgery so she said to take it as a family sick day! My boss rocks!

Rae
01-13-2006, 01:44 PM
YIPPEE I am so glad Po-baby is well..... and you are right, your boss does rock. that is great, and it is a rare breed of person that understands we are as nutty about our puppers as other folks are about their hookids.

I am so glad to hear he is OK- anesthesia is always scary.

Patt
01-13-2006, 03:38 PM
This news makes me very happy. :happy1: WOW what an understanding boss. :banana: :banana: Sending :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: he'll be back to his old self by the time he's ready to go home. :hearts:

Lisa
01-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Yaaaay!! :cheer2: :boogie: :cheer2: I am very happy to read the thread Courtney. Can't wait till he is home safe and sound. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Your boss rocks!

Nancy
01-13-2006, 03:43 PM
I am off work today!! I asked my boss if I could take my birthday holiday. Then I said that Po was going to be going under today for surgery so she said to take it as a family sick day! My boss rocks!

That is awesome! Lot's of hugs and kisses to Po!

Frzframe
01-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah for the Po man! Glad he is up and all. After I got my boys back after their dental/neuter they acted a little stoned on the ride home in the car so I can totally relate to your description of him. Here are some feel good :rayz: :rayz: :bigrayz: :rayz: :rayz:'s on their way. :hearts:

lotsadox
01-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm so glad that Po is doing well AND that you got to take today off work. A lot of snuggling will probably make him recover a lot faster. :banana:

Linus
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm glad Po went through with flying colors!! How is he doing now?

JanUet
01-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Whooo hoooo! :yay:

I'm glad to read that our little Po is out of surgery and is doing well! :cheer2:

Your Boss certainly does ROCK! Mine does too, she let me have time off to take Sophie into the Vet on Tuesday.

Pleae keep us Posted and give Po tons of Smooches from Auntie Janet. :kiss: :hearts:

Courtney
01-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Mr. Po is home and doing great. He was happy to see me at the vet and then we came home...he peed for 2 minutes straight! They probably hadn't let him out all day, poor thing! But then we put the other doggies in their crates and took a nice long snuggle nap! He is doing even better right now. Pretty much back to normal!

Thanks everyone for all your rays and support...they were much needed and appreciated!

LUVMYGUNNER
01-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Glad he is doing good.

Patt
01-14-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm happy to hear he's home and back to normal. I'm sure he would rather do his business at home then in a strange place.

Tanya
01-14-2006, 03:28 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: I am glad to hear Po is doing so well! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I can't imagine how relieved you are! :hug99:

jenfer
01-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Good to hear Mr. Po is doing well. :cheer2: :boogie: