PDA

View Full Version : My Beloved Ben

Fluffy
01-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Isn't it funny how things can just sneak up on you?? I was just looking through some old pictures and cards from when I was in college and came across a bunch of pictures of Ben. I didnt' realize how much I still miss the little guy til I saw his sweet, frosty face. He was such a great dog, always there when you needed him. He wasn't the playful sort, just kind of meandered around and did his own thing. I can just picture him now, curled up into a little ball in his bed in front of the fire place. Looking up every so often, big yawn, roll over and back out like a light he'd go. Now I sit with my memories, blubbering like I lost him today. I also found a letter my dad had sent me in college. He was talking about a movie he'd been watching at the time and said this...(my dad is not normal :lol:) "Ben just woke up. I think he wants tot ake flying lessons. Said he wants an ultralight plane for his birthday." I remember reading that in the letter the first time, and picturing Ben all decked out in flying gear behind the controls of his personal ultra light...scarf wrapped around his neck, flying googles on. We used to always joke about things like that. Its so nice to go back down memory lane and re-visit the things you tend to "forget" about in the hustle and bustle of every day life. When we went to adopt him, the lady showed us is one and only trick. He would take a flying leap, and whomever he was leaping at would be at the ready to catch him, one hand on his back, one on his chest and he would LOVE to swing. You'd put him down and he'd come running right back for more. Its the memories like those that I will always cherrish.
Ben you were the kindest, gentlest dog I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. You will never be forgotten. In my heart you will remain until the day I see your sweet face when I come and join you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Nancy
01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm crying over here!

That is such a great story, thank you so much for sharing!

I lost my little guy, Ezra, two years ago in June. Yesterday, driving home from work, I thought about him and started to cry.

It's amazing how much they touch/effect our lives. Even though Ben is not with you any more, I'm sure he knows how much he is loved! :angel7:

Michelle
01-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Darnit now, I am crying too, and I still have 4 more people to interview, gets me thinking about my two poodles that have gone to the bridge many many years ago and how they were such great dogs,, Tico my first poodle was 17 years old when he went, and the next poodle we had was Sadie, a tiny toy poodle and she was 16 yr old when she went on.. Gosh I miss them,

LUVMYGUNNER
01-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Well you got me to cry to. I lost a bassett About 18 years ago, by the name of Sir Cedric Waggles--he belonged to the Hallmark line of dogs and there isn't a day I don't think of him.

Rae
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Bex. I am so sorry. The end of the earthly relationship will come for all of us one day, one way or the other. I am glad you had Ben and he had you... Buddy and Heidi are that much luckier for him having been in your life because after a loss we tend to value what we have.

love ya girl ... and you are right- your dad is NOT right in the head...

Yolanda
01-10-2006, 07:32 PM
A wonderful heartfellt story. Thanks for sharing.

lotsadox
01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. It's been a very emotional week for me and I knew I'd dissolve into tears. I was right. I'm sitting here blubbering over a story about a dog I never knew. It's such a sweet story. Thanks for sharing Ben with me. :sad3:

JanUet
01-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I joined the crying:sad3: band wagon when I read this post earlier. I have pulled myself together and can now post my reply.

Becca, like you, I enjoy my memories :hearts:
My family is amazed that I can remember so much stuff :shocked:

I'm sure you and Ben shared some tender moments together and those moments will always be with you. When our little family furbabies go to the bridge they take a piece of us with them. Heidi and Buddy are such lucky pupperz to have you as their Mommie! With such a Huge heart:heart14: and wonderful Memories :hug99:

Anatresia
01-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm glad you can look back and remember your pup with such love and happy memories.:hearts:

Goob
01-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Ben sounds like a sweetie! :hearts: I bet Ben is flying his plane up, down and all around the rainbow bridge. :hearts:

Linus
01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Man, Becca, now you have me crying too! Here's a :bighug: from me as you remember wonderful Ben.

alfina
01-10-2006, 09:44 PM
It doesn't matter how much time's gone. They always stay in our hearts. One day it all comes back and it hurts just as much as that day we lost them.

It is a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

Fluffy
01-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Ben sounds like a sweetie! :hearts: I bet Ben is flying his plane up, down and all around the rainbow bridge. :hearts:

Thanks, Karen! I really needed that!! The mental image is still so fresh in my mind today...still gives me a good chuckle!

I knew you would all understand, thank you for all the kind thoughts and words. You are the BEST group of people I've ever had the privledge of being a part of! You are ALL :angel7: 's

oceangirls
01-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I thought I replied to this post already! :( That is a beautiful and perfect tribute. He sounds like such a sweetheart! Your dad's letter reminds me of Snoopy as the Flying Ace on his dog house, with his goggles and scarf :D

I have a little guy at the Bridge too, who would love playing with Ben.:hearts:

If you have any Ben pictures lying around, we would sure like to see him.

Fluffy
01-12-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't but I'm going to have my friend scan some and send them to me...he was the SWEETEST boy...Cara and I were takling today, and neither of us realized what a porker he was!!! I'll post some as soon as I get them!