PDA

View Full Version : Recalled Food Expanded to Canada (reported 4-11)

quavec
04-11-2007, 08:27 AM
I think this is a more recent update. Seems some of the wheat gluten made it to our friends in Canada:

Cnn report (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/11/pet.food.recall.ap/index.html)

Otto'sMom
04-11-2007, 08:41 AM
I've got my tinfoil hat on standby....Does anyone but me worry a little at the aspects of this 'accidental' poisoning? Maybe it was a test to see how easy it would be to terrorize our food supply.
I'm just sayin'......*tinfoilhatalert*

Lisa
04-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I am so :duh: I thought ALL the pet food was made in Canada and imported into the States. I never realized that the food was made in American facilities. We get our Nature's Variety RAW from the US - I just assumed it went the other way.

I am with Andrea on needing a tinfoil hat. With food coming and going though all different boarders and some of it coming from overseas etc you gotta be a little concerned. And it's WHEAT gluten, Canada has an entire province that does pretty much nothing but wheat?!? WTF they have to import the stuff? Now if I try to bring a salami or grapes when I cross the boarder I am breaking the law, but this is allowed! :scratch:

catstamm
04-11-2007, 09:56 AM
*makingtinfoilhats*

Lisa
04-11-2007, 10:04 AM
It doesn't surprise Canadians are affected. When a company negotiates from suppliers they usually do it on a global scale to further initiate cost cuts.

Jen
04-11-2007, 10:15 AM
You gotta wonder if this made it into food consumed by humans too. I know something was said about that awhile back but I've forgotten.

quavec
04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
You gotta wonder if this made it into food consumed by humans too. I know something was said about that awhile back but I've forgotten.

:ditto: Andrea's tinfoil hat idea is starting to grow on me :shocked:

Puppen
04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
This also has us very concerned!!! We buy Nestle/Purina dry Alpo. So far the only Purina product that is being produced by Menu Foods is Mighty Dog.
(for updates and list of dog and cat products)http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html
They have never had Mighty Dog but they used to get canned Alpo and Friskies but not since before Christmas.
*puts on tinfoilhat*
We also thought of terrorism factors right away, which is a frightening thought. I feel this just proves beyond a Doubt how easy it would be for any organization and/or person to wreck havic on any country anywhere, not just to pets but to people as well.
:pray: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :pray: to all those loved pets and owners who are now suffering. Another concern I have is just How many small stores have NOT put the recall into effect, how many groceries won't be informed of just how serious this is? And I am also wondering if Menu Foods is the Only company that recieved the Wheat Gluten from the China company, are there other companies that Are Not stepping forward and saying, "Hey, we recieved from there too..." It's frightening how many pet AND people products contain Wheat Gluten, Example of a product...BREADS! How do we Know For Sure that some of the contaminated product didn't make it's way into products no one knows about because some coorpotartion wants to protect it's A$$ and Not come forward!?! Example: Menu Foods saying none went to Canada, yet loe and behold, it's THERE! Tossing out opinion and thoughts.

dachiehome
04-11-2007, 04:18 PM
i try not to jump to conclusions, but seeing as it is mentioned, i am afraid this is some sort of war fare. i heard a guy on tv. say in reality this is ww4 all countries are involved. now cats are going down quick, they are small, dogs next, i know of 3 older dogs who went down in a short time. my old dinkey who i loved with all my heart being one. next the people? must not be in baby food or formula. but i wonder if there are any statistacs on the older population passing in the last 4 or so mounths. tell me im nuts and i will be happy to hear it, but what if i am not nuts? tinfoil hats are good cathy:pray:

LexieLuvr
04-11-2007, 05:11 PM
This is becoming incredibly scary - and as mentioned, what about the ones who have not yet come forward openly and admitted their products also contain wheat gluten and may be contaminated? Terrorists? Hmmmmm . . . maybe!

Otto'sMom
04-11-2007, 05:45 PM
They probably did try it but since America was on that 'Atkins' diet craze, it didn't work since no one was eating bread anymore:rotfl:

quavec
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
They probably did try it but since America was on that 'Atkins' diet craze, it didn't work since no one was eating bread anymore:rotfl:

:lol:

Red Haired Girl
04-11-2007, 06:11 PM
:ditto: :rotfl: :rotfl: :appl: