PDA

View Full Version : Food Review

Otto'sMom
04-14-2007, 09:35 PM
You were right about the Anipals loving the sardines! I've been alternating the fish: tuna, mackeral, and sardines for the last 3 days and you would not believe how excited they get when they get the food, and then Dolly, Dexter, Grrrrt, Buddy and Otto will check each bowl when a dog has finished and lick the bowl. Yesterday was the mackeral and the bowls have never been cleaner! I don't put it in for breakfast, and you can tell they're slightly disappointed. That lasts about 2 seconds.

Dexter was finished with his (with Sardines) so fast, I hadn't even finished setting down the rest of the dog's meals.

Wonder if I should try some Yogurt for Gogrrrrrt.

And the left over raw chicken got grilled by me for supper tonight, and I am one fat happy momma.

lotsadox
04-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Mine love their sardines! :hearts: And salmon and mackerel. Actually, they pretty much love anything stinky. :rolleyes:

K2
04-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Hmmm.....I've been thinking of broadening Pippit's diet.....(don't worry~I'm going to give him a few days of his regular diet)thanks for the review. Glad your gang is enjoying their new grub!

Courtney
04-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Awesome to hear! The fresh food is so great to add to their diets!

areese
04-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Mine are having mackerel, sweet potato, and brown rice this week. They also got some sardines for treats. Laika had been so itchy since last weekend, I was hoping to figure out if it's her food or what. She's still itchy. Of course she did sneak out into the garage and ate cat food..... evil sneaky little ween.
But they LOVE the food. I got sardines too for snacks and they love them too a lot. Salsa gets so excited for meals she starts snorting and gasping with excitement.

dachiehome
04-15-2007, 09:36 AM
it is so wonderful now that we are not listning to the dog food propaganda. my dogs are so happy at meal times and seem much livlier and happy cathy:cheer2:

JanUet
04-15-2007, 10:09 AM
:scratch: The sardines, mackeral and other smelly food you speak of..........
Is it fresh or from a can? :dunno:

Sophie and Casey cannot contain themselves when I give them sardines, kippers or tuna from a can.
They get Super excited! :banana: :cheer2:

I'm wondering If it is okay to give them canned fish or should I give them fresh?
Advise Please!

Courtney
04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Janet, the canned fish is just fine! Fresh is good too, but the canned is more than great. I feed both kinds. The fresh is much harder to find. I have to go to the Asian supermarkets!

JanUet
04-15-2007, 10:30 AM
:thankyou: Courtney! :hearts:

I know I can always count on your to set me straight! :D :hug99:

I should know by now, When in doubt.....Ask Courtney "The Food Guru" :hearts:

Jen
04-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Ah, asian groceries. I'll have to check next time I'm in Sunset Park for fresh sardines. Thanks Courtney!

I'm glad the Anipals enjoyed the stinky fish. I gave Tasha some sardines on Friday night and she just loves them. I just breathe thru my mouth and try not to gag.....(and give her an extra breath treat!)

Otto'sMom
04-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Something just struck me funny:duh: I just spent all this time and money on getting them good foods and trying to make sure they're eating right....and tonight, what did they get for a treat? Greasy Domino's Cheezy Bread and the crusts from my pizza:rolleyes:

LexieLuvr
04-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Oh, yeah - mine Looooooove the canned sardines (stink and all!), and when I catch it on sale, they get mackeral and salmon, too - lots of lip smackin' goin' on at my house when that can opener (or can zipper) makes its noises. I've found sardines for $.50 a can lately so I've stocked up! (BTW, I love sardines, too.)