PDA

View Full Version : I called Merrick about the rice

Jacqueline
04-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I bought a bag of Merrick's Turducken kibble yesterday, but before I opened it, called to discuss the ingredients in it. They were very nice about me questioning it, and very understanding about my concerns.

The so called rice protein is rice gluten, and they don't use that or wheat gluten. They get all the ingredients from their food here in the USA except for their lamb and venison, which comes from Australia, which they say is the safest place to get it. Since the lamb I just bought for myself was from Australia, I believe it.

I mixed the Turducken in with what was left of the Nutro I have left and fed the girls tonight. They ate with relish and came back to see if I was offering seconds on it.

I also asked what they recommended for puppers with sensitive stomachs and she suggested the Wilderness blend. We'll see how this goes, and if necessary, switch over. But since we have been serving up midnight snacks, Taffy has stopped having morning barfies.

Lisa
04-20-2007, 11:33 AM
That is great that you called the company to find out about the ingredients, and it's even better that the barfies have stopped!

LexieLuvr
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM
That's great to know. Thanks for the info!! (Nice that the company talked to you about that, too.):appl: Good news all around!!

Mama S.
04-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I so like it when a company is willing to listen and help! We do a morning snack for the same reason!! Since then - no more barfies here either!!!
Mama

oceangirls
04-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Sound great! I've read good things about the company and their foods.

It's so funny when dogs come back looking for seconds. I mean, do they really think a smorgasboard will suddenly open up for them? :D You have to love 'em for never giving up the dream!!

akiss
04-20-2007, 01:26 PM
We also feed Merrick in the house. I add a little hot water to it and leave for 2 min. It rehidrateds the veggies and also makes a great gravy that the pups love.

I also called them because the last bag of Turducken I bought had no veggies. They apoligised and send me out a coupon for a new bag. ( They stated I probably got one of the last bags in the batch)

Tex
04-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info.! It's always nice to hear when a company takes time to actually have customer service! Congrats on no more barfies too!!!:banana: