PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on Purina ONE

Jacqueline
04-24-2007, 11:53 PM
A couple came into the store Monday night, returning two big bags of Purina One dog food. I don't see this on a recall list.

They had 5 pups die, and had to put down the parents after feeding them this. If you know anyone feeding it, get them to stop now. It is off our shelves.

Otto'sMom
04-25-2007, 07:23 AM
My cats eat it, but not the dogs. I know it's not the best, but my cats have been on it for at least 14 years. I'm looking into getting them something better though.

Jacqueline
04-25-2007, 07:50 AM
This couple had rotts, and lost them all. I don't know what the manager said to them, but I know that had to be a bad conversation on both parts. I asked about it because I saw the bags in the cart behind the counter. Last night while we were leveling the store, that whole area was empty, and a small sign explaining that for the safety of your pets that selection of food had been pulled.

Then, last night, early morn, on the news, they were talking about the FDA starting to investing (starting!!!) all this crap coming into the USA and into our food. I had been standing in the aisle looking at baby food cereal when one of the managers walked up, and I pointed out what they were made of. That was one of the things they mentioned on the news.

Just how little concern for lives, animal and human, do they have for us, that they are this willing to go to this length to make another buck...or yen, or whatever?

Jen
04-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Just how little concern for lives, animal and human, do they have for us, that they are this willing to go to this length to make another buck...or yen, or whatever?

All hail money and screw the consumer. Buyer beware after all....

I think it sucks too.