PDA

View Full Version : Treat Recipe From a Friend

Puppen
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
My friend told me this recipe today, does anyone see any reason Why these wouldn't be A-OK? I haven't made or fed any to the girls and my friend said she has never made these but since they Sound Wholesome I wondered what everyone else thought???? Not making or giving any to girls till I get opinions.... :) Thanks!

To make the liquid stock...
1 Chicken Leg, or theigh
2 - 3 Cups Water
You choose the veggies your dogs like...I use...
1 Cup Green beans (frozen or from garden)
1 Cup kernal corn (frozen or from garden)
1 Cup Carrots (frozen or from garden)

Boil till meat and veggies are Just cooked, remove meat from bone. Discard bone Safely so your dog doesn't get it!!!
Strain liquid into seperate pan or fish out veggies and meat. Put veggies and meat into blender with 1 WHOLE egg Shell and all and a little bit of the liquid. Puree till smooth. Add back into the liquid to make a thin stock soup.

Treat:
1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
Add enough stock to make a sort of batter. Spread on a pizza pan with a THIN coat of olive oil, bake at 350F until done, 20 - 30 min. Cool break into treat sizes.

That bake time seems long, I wonder if this would work as a sort of pancake as well?? Hmmmmm

------------

Red Haired Girl
04-25-2007, 06:52 PM
If your pup doesn't have wheat allergies it sounds fine. If there is wheat sensitivity, I'd change the wheat flour to spelt and oatmeal flour mixed. As for the baking time - they need a long bake time to become dry and hard. I'd leave them in the oven to cool in the pan to dry them even further. You may not want to do that though

Puppen
04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
I agree, I tried baking this afternoon for amount of time said but it came out rubbery...eeewww I chunked and put in fridge, I'm going to spread the chunks and put into the oven again to try to dry further. I didn't think the time sounded right!! They do smell good so bite sized bits will probably be fun.