PDA

View Full Version : Peaches First Night of Agility!

Tanya
01-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Peaches started agility last night!!! She was so good for me. Last night was kind of a get to know you and let the dogs explore the equipment night.

Peaches was afraid of most of the equipment, and I figured she would be. However, she jumped over all of the hurdles! :cheer2: That was really the only thing I was hoping she’d do. We have a lot of work ahead of us with the rest of the equipment.

She was off leash the whole time and stayed right by me except for once. There is a Doxidor (doxie/lab mix…yes his Dad was the doxie!) in our class, so Peaches had to run over and check him out. She was like…”You have the same face as me, but why are you so tall?” :conf4:

We will have two instructors, but only one was there last night. They said the other lady works primarily with small dogs such as Miniature Pinschers and Doxies! Yay!!! Peaches is by far the smallest dog there, so I hope she gets extra help from this lady! :thumbup:

Also, since we were there I practiced a bit of obedience with her. Remember all of the problems I was having getting her to do down? Well, she did it no problem last night!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

At the end of class, guess who showed up? The Old Battle Axe! :krazy: I ended our session by having Peaches sit and stay. Then she jumped over a series of three hurdles and came to me when I called her. That’s right old lady…In your face!!! :p

squirrel818
01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Good girl Peaches! You show that old battleaxe! Tanya, I bet she's going to do great in agility!

Loren
01-11-2006, 12:34 PM
sounds like Peaches will be a PRO in no time and sounds like you had FUN too! Good job! :banana: :banana:

jenfer
01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
That's great! It's alright she is afraid of the equipment in the beginning, I am sure she will be fine in the future. Obedience will help a lot in the training too. :)

Lisa
01-11-2006, 12:44 PM
:woohoo: Peaches! :yay: :yay:

You tell that old battleaxe that :urock:

I am so happy that she did so well. That is really wonderful. All that hard work paid off. Peaches will do fantastic at agility.

:congrats: :toot: :toot: :congrats:

Jen
01-11-2006, 12:57 PM
:boogie: :boogie: Well done Peaches!!! You go girl!!

Sounds like you're off to a good start :D

Rae
01-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Take THAT you battleaxe. I am sure that was a lovely in-your-face moment.. hateful old crone...mean to our sweet Peaches... grrrr...

Way to go sweet girl. We are so proud of you.

Frzframe
01-11-2006, 01:17 PM
:cheer2: And then to be able to show-up that hateful woman puts the icing on the cake!! :banana:

lotsadox
01-11-2006, 01:37 PM
You show her Peaches! :cheer2: :cheer2: How dare she think that a dachsie couldn't something.

On the "down" command, I found that sometimes when I worked and worked on a specific command and they were still having trouble it helped to take a break and not even try that command for a while and then when I went back to it they'd just do it with no problem. No idea why this is. :scratch: Maybe Mary will have an explanation for us. With horses if you worked on one thing too much they would say they got "sour" and wouldn't do it anymore. Maybe that what dogs do, too.

Tanya
01-11-2006, 02:28 PM
On the "down" command, I found that sometimes when I worked and worked on a specific command and they were still having trouble it helped to take a break and not even try that command for a while and then when I went back to it they'd just do it with no problem. No idea why this is. :scratch: Maybe Mary will have an explanation for us. With horses if you worked on one thing too much they would say they got "sour" and wouldn't do it anymore. Maybe that what dogs do, too.
No break for us! I make her do down for everything! Our issue was an alpha issue. She wouldn't do down simply because she didn't want to and she thought she was in charge. :mad:

jenfer
01-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Yah. I was told not to overwork in class. But Gigi wants to WORK WORK WORK all the time. And when she is "bored" waiting for her turn and stuff I just made her spin. lol. That gives her something to do. Or we will play sit-stay.

Nancy
01-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Awesome job Peaches! I'm sure she'll kick butt in competition!:appl: :cheer2:

SusanF
01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Yay Miss Peaches! You go girl! You will be pro at this agility and obediance training in no time! I envy your Mommy being able to do ther agility with you. I can't run anymore and poor Ilsa wants to!

Linus
01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
:cheer2: Way to go, Peaches!!!!:cheer2: I can't wait to put Bailey into an agility class...he loves it!

Goob
01-11-2006, 08:41 PM
There is a Doxidor (doxie/lab mix…yes his Dad was the doxie!)

That’s right old lady…In your face!!! :p

Two things.....

1. I need some more information based on the logistics of the father being the dachsie.

2. BOOOYA! Peaches showing her stuff in front of The Old Battle Axe is better than a roundhouse kick!!!!! :banana: TWG PEACHES!!!!! :boogie:

alfina
01-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Sebastian in his 3rd agility class and he loves it.

He is having issues with tunnels. The instructor said "I thought dachsies love tunnels". I told her that Seb is a cautious dachshund. I made a mistake of buying a yellow tunnel instead of the blue. Blue is much darker inside. Especailly at night when our class is. We start at 8:15pm!

Dog walk is Seb's favorite besides jumps. I think the walk is making Seb feel like a big dog being so up high.

oceangirls
01-11-2006, 11:07 PM
What a good girl!!! WTG!:cheer2: Show that Battle Axe NOBODY messes with our Peaches!!

Patt
01-11-2006, 11:41 PM
I'll bet Peaches will be at the top of her class. :hearts: You have done an outstanding job with her. :appl: :appl: