PDA

View Full Version : FDA another recall.... 4-26-07

Patt
04-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Recall -- Firm Press Release

FDA posts press releases and other notices of recalls and market withdrawals from the firms involved as a service to consumers, the media, and other interested parties. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company. This listserv covers mainly Class I (life-threatening) recalls. A complete listing of recalls can be found in the FDA Enforcement Report at: http://www.fda.gov/opacom/Enforce.html

Diamond Pet Food Withdraws Products in Response to American Nutrition Inc. Pet Food Recall
Diamond Pet Food Media Hotline
(888) 207-6208

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- Meta, MO -- April 26, 2007 -- Because of the canned pet food recall initiated today by American Nutrition Inc., Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition. This action is limited to three specific canned products: Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans.

Diamond Pet Foods is taking this voluntary action after learning the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) confirmed rice protein concentrate used by American Nutrition contained melamine, a substance not approved for use in food.

No other Diamond brand or Chicken Soup brand canned or dry pet food formulas are affected by the American Nutrition recall.

Diamond Pet Foods has not received any indication of quality or safety issues, including pet illness, with the three withdrawn products. However, because American Nutrition informed the company that these three specific products may include rice protein concentrate, Diamond Pet Foods felt this action was necessary for the protection of its customers and their pets.

It should be noted that the products being withdrawn were not formulated or labeled to contain rice protein concentrate. While the FDA is investigating this, current information indicates this error is a result of a manufacturing deviation by American Nutrition.

LUVMYGUNNER
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks Patt.

LexieLuvr
04-27-2007, 11:47 AM
OMG - another recall - UGH!!:sosad:

catstamm
04-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Omg......

quavec
04-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the info Patt. I'm thinking just about all the foods touched by rice protein and/or by the two overseas companies will be recalled soon.

I dread when Cricket runs out of his food and I have to get more. I'm worried about buying the same stuff (NB original) which contains no rice protein but is from a brand that has been recalled but also scared to switch to something else - who knows what else will be pulled next, ya know? :sosad:

Amy's idea of cooking up her own food is a good one.................:scratch:

Frzframe
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Good Lord!!! I switched my pack over to Chicken Soup and let me tell ya it gives everyone bad stinky gas and poop!

And to think that this last recall might include rice protein concentrate but it's not listed on the labels. What other brands might have it in there but not have it listed???

Patt
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the info Patt. I'm thinking just about all the foods touched by rice protein and/or by the two overseas companies will be recalled soon.

I dread when Cricket runs out of his food and I have to get more. I'm worried about buying the same stuff (NB original) which contains no rice protein but is from a brand that has been recalled but also scared to switch to something else - who knows what else will be pulled next, ya know? :sosad:

Amy's idea of cooking up her own food is a good one.................:scratch:

I'm still sticking with Innova & Wellness brands.