View Full Version : Recall some Chicken Soup for dog Souls

Neshane
04-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Diamond Pet Food Withdraws Products in Response to American Nutrition Inc.
Can't believe this, Chicken Soup doesn't even have wheat, corn glutens or rice protiens concentrates in their foods. It's not on any labels....I'm so mad. They said that American Nutrition put rice proteins in some of their foods without telling the company!
Well, I took back a whole case today and told them to send it back I'm not dealing with a company that doesn't know what is going on with their foods. The adult can food may not be on recall today but might tomorrow. I HATE this, and why are they just NOW testing foods when this has been going on since last December!!
Now what do I do??? :sosad:

Pet Food Recall, From the Diamond Food home site.

META, MO (April 27, 2007) — Because of the canned pet food recall initiated by American Nutrition Inc., Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition. This action is limited to three specific canned products: Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans. Please click on the press release icon to the right for the full release.

Diamond Pet Foods Manufactures All of Our Own DRY PET FOODS

Please contact our customer call center at

(866)214-6945 if you have any questions about

LexieLuvr
04-27-2007, 04:26 PM
There seems to be no end to this! UGH!!!

Lisa
04-27-2007, 04:28 PM
WOW! That is scary, that they don't even know what is IN their food.
:sosad:

LexieLuvr
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I guess one option is to do what I've done when I had a pupper with a sick tummy and didn't want to give it regular kibble: I go to a grocer early in the morning and look for "discount" meat -- (meat which would be disposed of the following day because of their "must sell by" dates), stock up on all the cheap cuts I could find (mostly chicken), go home and poach or cook it all gently, cook up a big batch of brown rice, steam a pot of mixed veggies, mix it all up and bag it up in baggies or vacuum bags in individual meal portions. That's what I did when my guys had tummy issues and I had a batch of chicken breasts with freezer burn - I just poached (and diced up) the chicken breasts, cooked some rice and veggies, mixed it all together and gave them about 1/2 C each for their meals. Gradually I added in kibble again, after their tummies settled down. I recall reading that getting overly concerned about proteins, fats, calcium, etc. is unnecessary, because if they get a variety plus a meaty bone to chew on once a week or so, they will get the necessary nutrients that way. Can anyone advise if my information is accurate? Don't want to misinform anyone! I also give mine, regularly, one or two raw eggs each week, plain yogurt, and sardines canned in water.

Rae
04-27-2007, 05:31 PM
so as of this nanosecond we are supposed to believe Chick soup senior kibble is OK?

areese
04-27-2007, 08:31 PM
so as of this nanosecond we are supposed to believe Chick soup senior kibble is OK?

This is what is on their website. Seems like the same thing Blue Buffalo experienced...the rice protein wasn't even supposed to be in the food and was used without their knowledge cuz the canned products are outsourced.

Attention
Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition. This action is limited to three specific canned products: Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans, and Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans.

Diamond Pet Foods took this action after learning the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) confirmed rice protein concentrate was used by American Nutrition in the above three canned formulas.

The products being withdrawn were not formulated or labeled to contain rice protein concentrate. The rice protein concentrate was put into our products without our knowledge. It should also be noted that we have not received any notices of pet illnesses. All tests received to date verify the absence of any contaminants. No other Diamond brand or Chicken Soup brand canned or dry pet food formulas are affected by the American Nutrition recall.

We are appalled that this action was necessary, and will continue to work with the FDA on this issue. In the meantime, withdrawing these three canned products is the right thing for our company to do.

Customers with these products should stop feeding them immediately and return them to their retailer for a full refund.

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul dry pet food and dog treats ARE NOT part of any pet food or treat recall. We manufacture all of our own dry pet foods.

Please contact our customer call center at (866) 214-6945 if you have any questions about these products.

HotDogMama
04-28-2007, 12:31 AM
geez louise, this is getting ridiculous!! Molly is on the adult kibble, somebody let me know if THAT gets yanked... :mad2: