PDA

View Full Version : FDA expanding recall

akiss
05-02-2007, 01:10 AM
http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia9929.html

On April 27th, the FDA quietly expanded its hold on imported foods to include Wheat Gluten, Rice Gluten, Rice Protein, Rice Protein Concentrate, Corn Gluten, Corn Gluten Meal, Corn By-Products, Soy Protein, Soy Gluten, Mung Bean Protein, Soy Bean Meal/Powder/Gluten/Protein Isolate, Soy Protein Powder, Wheat Gluten, Wheat Flour Gluten, Wheat Gluten, Rice Protein, Rice Gluten, Rice Protein, Corn Gluten, Milled Rice Products, Amino acids and protein hydrosylates.

Just wanted to let everyone know!!!

michelehbc
05-02-2007, 01:20 AM
:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:
WILL IT PLEASE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akiss
05-02-2007, 01:26 AM
I would like to thank www.dogaware.com
They were the one that posted this update. I even emailed them to let them know "Thanks and keep up the great job".

Frzframe
05-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Good I'm glad they've put a hold on importing right now. They need to get to the bottom of this and by saying NO to these companies is the best way to do so. I don't really understand why we are importing so much wheat and corn products when our farmers are being paid not to farm their land? Shouldn't we be buying it from our producers instead of overseas????

Patt
05-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Thanks for posting the info.

areese
05-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Good I'm glad they've put a hold on importing right now. They need to get to the bottom of this and by saying NO to these companies is the best way to do so. I don't really understand why we are importing so much wheat and corn products when our farmers are being paid not to farm their land? Shouldn't we be buying it from our producers instead of overseas????

It IS weird, isn't it? I'm hoping if anything good can come out of this horrible mess it will be that people will have a renewed commitment to buy products produced in the US with US ingredients. And if we pay a bit more, so be it.
To me it is just plain stupid to ban certain fertilizers and pesticides in this country then go and buy FOOD PRODUCTS from countries that use them.
Ok..now we are gonna need rice farmers here though..

LUVMYGUNNER
05-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Shonda I agree totaly. We are making other countries rich.

LexieLuvr
05-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Shonda I agree totaly. We are making other countries rich.
It's all politics - and it SUX!!!!! :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: