PDA

View Full Version : Once or Twice a Day?

Bella's Mom
05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Do you feed your pups once or twice a day and why? :scratch:

areese
05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Twice a day. Cuz...it's fun? I dunno...I can't imagine them eating once a day. Salsa's tummy is too small... and I heard it's better for them (cuz of bloat) to feed two smaller meals.
Whe I just had Laika she free-fed so there wasn't a set time but once we got Owen that was impossible cuz he'll eat everything really fast.

Courtney
05-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I only feed once a day! With raw they don't eat a whole bunch so if I split it into two meals it would hardly be big enough for two meals.

LexieLuvr
05-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Twice a day - that's what was recommended to me.

Jen
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Twice, so Tasha gets a meal after we get a meal. Otherwise its the LOOK!

Rae
05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
twice. 1/3 cup kibble, usually soaked in sodium free broth.

Duchie is an inhaler and if I only fed her once a day I think she'd splode.

jenfer
05-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Twice. Why? Ummm... I dunno. Because that sound right??? haha.

Red Haired Girl
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
3 times a day. They each get 3 medallions a day. Grandma likes to give them "lunch" :rolleyes: when she eats hers so they have breakfast, lunch. and dinner.

When they are not at Grandmas they eat 2 times a day.

Otto'sMom
05-02-2007, 07:03 PM
We feed 2x a day, fondly referred to as Puppy Breakfast and Puppy Suppertime. I seriously can't remember why I started doing that, but here we are, doing it every day. They also get a snack when I get home, just because I want one. They get fishies in their suppertime bowls.
When I stopped at the grocery store tonight to pick up the tuna in oil, I was looking at all the other canned fishes. Would spiced octopus be bad for them?:scratch: How's about smoked oysters?:duh:

Lisa
05-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Twice, because Pogo gets all barfy and nutso if he goes too long without food.

samandissy
05-02-2007, 08:05 PM

samandissy
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM

I agree with Lisa for the same two reasons. They don't always care for the morning meal of dry only. If Sam gets hungry and I mean really hungry, he starts acting 'nutso' and cries or acts like he is dying. Guess he got that from me. Issy would eat 24/7 if we let her. I believe that smaller meals but more frequently are better for dogs and people as well.

Kasianni
05-02-2007, 08:24 PM
2x a day, in the morning and evening.. and a small bite before bed to avoid the barfies

Patt
05-02-2007, 08:36 PM
I feed a measured amount twice daily and a small bedtime snack, it keeps them from acting hungry or begging. I’ve known some dogs that like to eat only once a day, although that could tend to give those gastric problems. The pup is fed 3 times a day plus the bedtime snack.

alfina
05-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Twice a day. My vet said it is better for them.

michelehbc
05-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I feed twice a day because we tend to get up early and go to bed late..sooo that's one looonng day for a pup pup to go on jsut one meal.

Tanya
05-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Twice a day here...no real reason. Just the way we have always done it.

JanUet
05-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Twice a day here! 5 am & 5 pm.
I've always done it that way.

One NV Medallion with Yogurt (in the morning) cottage cheese (in the evening) and veggies.

I give them a chicken jerky strip when I go to work. It is their special treat to have becuz I feel guilty about going to work. :sosad:
When I go out for a bit in the evening or on the week-end they get different treat.

Bella's Mom
05-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys! My neighbor feeds their dog once a day and looked at me like I was crazy when I said I fed ours twice a day. :shocked: We have always fed them like that and they are healthy and happy. Shoot if Cooper didn't get his food in the morning he would probably go nuts! :rotfl:

quavec
05-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Twice. Why? Because just about everyone else is doing it? :scratch: And yeah, I've jumped off of a bridge once because everyone was doing it :rolleyes:

Puppen
05-04-2007, 05:12 PM
hehehehehe @ e1....

Twice, 7am and 5pm Puppen thinks she is going to die and gets all bent out of shape and whines in her "spot" at 5 minutes After time for meal. I swear she can tell tummy time!
Fawna gets 1/3 Cup and Puppen and Emmy get 1/2 cup of rice w/ cooked hamburger mixed in (2 parts rice to 1 part hamburger i boil down chicken w/o seasonings and then cook the rice in the broth) I also add in fine chopped veggies, carrots and such, mix all in a big bowl and cover in frige with the measures in it. Yep I even warm it in the microwave, each of their bowls gets zapped for 15secondsthen 1.5 ml of pet tinic to top off. Spoiled...:confused: You Betcha! :rotfl: