PDA

View Full Version : When I die can my dog come too?

Neshane
05-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Maybe soon it can be buried with you when this Flordia bill is passed.:angel7:

Bill Would Allow Sen. King To Be Buried With Dog

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Valentine could be Sen. Jim King's loyal companion forever -- that's if Gov. Charlie Crist signs a bill that would allow King to be buried with his beloved Labrador retriever.

The measure (HB 1177) was passed Tuesday by the Senate 38-1 and sent to Crist.

The omnibus funeral industry bill has several items, but tucked into it is a fix sought by King, R-Jacksonville. He was stunned to learn a few years ago that his own eventual burial could not include the urn containing the remains of his favorite dog.

The measure clarifies that people can take along their pet remains as they travel to the afterworld, as long as the animal's remains are in a separate container.

King's black Lab was a Valentine's Day gift from his wife Linda many years ago.:angel7:

Lisa
05-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Wow, I didn't know that. I will have to look at the laws here.

Tex
05-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Very interesting.....not something we usually think about ahead of time...:scratch:

Red Haired Girl
05-06-2007, 11:00 AM
They will let you be buried with a pack of smokes and a Bud light but no dogs allowed. :rolleyes: I swear the inmates are running this asylum

LexieLuvr
05-07-2007, 05:07 PM
They will let you be buried with a pack of smokes and a Bud light but no dogs allowed. :rolleyes: I swear the inmates are running this asylum
ITA - although I'm not sure about the laws in Texas.