PDA

View Full Version : Farmed fish fed contaminated feed

Frzframe
05-08-2007, 04:30 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070508/ap_on_he_me/food_contamination

After pigs and chickens, the farmed fish mark the third food animal given contaminated feed. The level of contamination is expected to be too low to pose any danger to human health, said Dr. David Acheson, the FDA's assistant commissioner for food protection.

Yeah, like I reallly believe this. :scratch:

quavec
05-08-2007, 04:33 PM
:faint: Those hippie organic all natural foods people are sounding more and more appealing with every news article I read :conf4:

lizzieb38
05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
:faint: Those hippie organic all natural foods people are sounding more and more appealing with every news article I read :conf4:

I agree, but have you seen the price of a gallon of organic milk. It's $6.58 a gal!:shocked: Thank the heavens that I don't like milk that much. Is scary how much stuff is being effected by that grain crap.

LexieLuvr
05-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm not surprised - I just want to know when it will end!!!??? :sosad:

Red Haired Girl
05-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't want to know when it will end.....I want to know when it began, who got greedy and added too much melamine to the FLOUR ( not even gluten or rice, after all) so that it inadvertantly poisoned the dogs and cats. Just how long has this crap been coming into the country? The FDA never tested for melamine prior to the pet food scare.

Jacqueline
05-09-2007, 01:52 AM
I agree, but have you seen the price of a gallon of organic milk. It's $6.58 a gal!:shocked: Thank the heavens that I don't like milk that much. Is scary how much stuff is being effected by that grain crap.

Holy organic cow, where do you shop? I thought we were high at Publix, but not that high.