PDA

View Full Version : DFW Spring Earthdog Test

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Just in case any of the Dallas Ft. Worth area folks are interested...

Feb. 25 and 26 is the Dallas Fort Worth Dachshund Spring Earthdog Test.

Any dog who has AKC registration or an ILP registration can enter. Also, if the entries are not too huge there may be an option to do Exhibition Only runs - which means your dog can test but if they pass they do not get a ribbon. Even if you just want to come check it out, I would love to see you and help you learn first hand about Earthdog. I may be a hair busy but will still find the time. I am Secretary for the Test.

If you want more information go to

www.dfwdachshund.com

Click on the Earthdog link at the top of the page. IF you are interested and want to pre-enter, let me know and I will email you a premium. It is a bit cheaper to pre-enter but not a requirement.

Come cheer Sophie and Lil on to their Senior Earthdog titles!

Courtney
01-12-2006, 06:31 PM
My current foster would be SO good at earthdog. If I was sure he'd be around until Feb I would pay for his ILP and to enter him. He might be, but I don't know! Hmm! Are these in Red Oak?

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-12-2006, 06:40 PM
My current foster would be SO good at earthdog. If I was sure he'd be around until Feb I would pay for his ILP and to enter him. He might be, but I don't know! Hmm! Are these in Red Oak?

You have to get the ILP in advance. IT is a registration number from the AKC. Basically you send in a picture of the dog and claim it is a dachshund. If they look at the picture and agree with you, they will give him an ILP number. It is a one time 25.00 fee.

If you don't want to do that, you can still bring him and enter him as Exibition Only. It is the same test, just no ribbon and if he does a JE run it would not count towards his title.

The Test is indeed held in Red Oak.

Courtney
01-12-2006, 06:47 PM
If I still have him, I will bring him and do the exhibition run FOR SURE. I will get in touch with you sooner to the date if I do still have him Zandra! Thanks!

Patt
01-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm going to have to check around here to see if they have any Earthdog activities.

jenfer
01-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Sounds like great fun!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
They have Earthdog all over the states. I can help you Pat...just give me a couple days. Same with you Jenifer...want Gigi to "go to ground"? I can find some contacts for ya!