PDA

View Full Version : Fire Hose squeaky toy

Helen
01-12-2006, 07:12 PM
I bought this (http://www.kyjen.com/dogtoys/page_01.shtml#firehose) toy for Charlie the other day, and despite the fact that it's made of REAL FIRE HOSE MATERIAL he ruined it in less than 10 minutes. :mad4: (Apparently I will never learn.)

Anyway, I emailed the company to complain and they offered to send me something else as long as I sent them a copy of the receipt, the tag from the toy, or a picture of the ruined toy.

Of course, all the things she offered me seemed even less durable than the fire hose looked, but hopefully I'll be able to find something.

I just thought I'd pass on the info in case anyone else has/had the same problem.

Tanya
01-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Yep...same problem here! :mad:

Mama S.
01-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm going to invent an doxie proof toy and make a gazillion dollars and sit back and get more puppers! I have yet to find one that they cannot destroy in seconds - even the so called super chewer toys! GOtta love those determined jaws!
Sandi

oceangirls
01-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I have seen those (or something similar) but wasn't sure if they would like them. I think they prefer toys they can destroy more easily :lol:

I got them one of those "tire-biter" chews and no one ever touches it :confused:

lotsadox
01-14-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm new to having a "toy destroyer". Miller and Cash just play with theirs, so Scooter is a new adventure. I haven't found much he can't destroy. I got some of those huge knuckly bones and they have lasted a few weeks, which is a record with him. I may have to stick to those.

We had 3 bobos. I gave one to Miller and he played with it, but got distracted and Scooter got it. It lasted about 5 minutes. The other two (like the Dude Miller's other favorite toy) are on the shelf until Scooter finds a new home. :sosad: for Miller.

BethMH
01-14-2006, 01:31 PM
I want to know what dogs are doing the testing of these products? They need to start using dachshunds! Every toy I have purchased that says cannot be destroyed - has been destroyed. Rueben loves ripping something open and pulling out its stuffing. For the life of me, however, I cannot figure out why the stuffed lion which he stole from my daughter he has not yet ripped open. He treats it like a baby. Carries it around. Sleeps with it. Licks it. Lays on it. But from all of the licking, he's rubbed the furr off in spots and eventually, the lion is going to bust open.

If anyone could make a true non-destructible toy for doxies, that person would definitely make more money than Bill Gates ever dreamed of making! Sure wish it would be me. I'd build the greatest rescue dog sanctuary ever! :yay: